Ryan Tannehill | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill

Tannehill was very solid today, no unforced errors, moved around well. Early in the game he got a really needed first down by taking off and running on a pass play. Do not care about the shovel passes they count as passes. Really nothing to complain about, what am I going to do all week?

It's just a weird post dude, really under my skin, oh noes what am I going to do. FFS get a life.

LOL, my post was only weird to you because you got in your feelings about it. Then you have the audacity to tell someone to get a life which is the perfect response when something ticked you off.

Enjoy the win.
the-dark-knight-heath-ledger-joker-why-so-salty-salty-gif-4627734

For one, I don't think anyone "hates" Tannehill. If you hate someone you've never met because of a sport you don't play, you've got some issues.

Secondly, I won't try to go through the laundry list of people's woes of Tannehill. There are criticisms to make but if he keeps balling like he is so far, his play will shut those people right up.

I'm in no means a Tannehill lover but his play so far is making me think twice about him leading this team to a deep run. If he can stay healthy and pull off an upset or two, there's a good shot.

In any case, this team is working some magic and hopefully RT can silently prove anyone hating wrong, he's done so so far for myself and my reservations and I've got no problem admitting that.

Tannehill ‘s biggest problem was always more about the poor play of his offensive line than his personal talent. This man was destroyed by poor pass protection and was lucky to have any time to throw it beyond 3-5 yards.

Facts:

(1) Ryan came in with very little experience at QB
(2) He was sacked at an unbelievable rate due to poor protection
(3) His coaching was highly suspect and forced him to learn numerous different offenses
(4) His deep ball threat was Mike Wallace, who played softer than DVP

In spite of these things, he has improved every year. Most QB’s would be absolutely shell shocked and would have been traded. He has been tough, and if you can give him a second or two, he can sling the rock. He deserves better than what a lot of so called fans have given him.

Miami is just spoiled due to Marino, and no one will ever confuse RT with Marino. QB’s like Marino are once in a lifetime, and we have had ours. We are fortunate to have RT, and I believe we can win with him.

They were / are indeed. Game managers can have arm talent and sling it too. Game managers play smart, don’t turn the ball over, don’t put your teams in bad spots, always keeping you in the game. They make plays when they have to be made - be it w their arm or legs. Bob Greise was a game manager QB. Star, Flacco, etc. In fact Elway won his SBs playing more cerebraly and as a game manager. Marino as much as I loved him wasn’t great at managing a complete game because we couldn’t run the 4 minute offense to close out a game. Point I’m trying to make is Tannehill can win you a title.

Ryan Tannehill has a ways to go to be as good as Bob Griese. Even our own fanbase doesn't appreciate what a tremendous, special player Bob Griese was.

But yes, I agree with the premise that 'game manager' shouldn't be a slur. I do suppose it would apply to Bob Griese, and Bob was great.

Brady absolutely was a game manager from 2001 to 2006. Then he got Moss and started throwing it to him in triple coverage and turned into a different QB. He's been great from that point forth in my opinion. Before 2007, he won games because he had a great defense, a running game, great coaching, and a kicker that just wouldn't miss. He would dink and dunk you to death. It used to drive me nuts. He morphed into a QB that could beat you consistently with his arm.

I'm not sure I ever considered Montana a game manager but he definitely was clutch and also benefited from great defenses, a running game, and great coaching.

It's hard for me to call guys like Montana or Brady (early in his career) the "best of all time" for that very reason. Their lives have been made so much easier because of the teams around them. I assure you that just removing Vinatieri from the Patriots would've resulted in less Super Bowl wins and appearances!! Meanwhile Marino, Manning, or Rodgers consistently put up great numbers on terrible teams and kept them in contention.

Just imagine Marino with a great defense, strong running game, and clutch kicking on a yearly basis.
Totally agree.

Tannehill ‘s biggest problem was always more about the poor play of his offensive line than his personal talent. This man was destroyed by poor pass protection and was lucky to have any time to throw it beyond 3-5 yards.

Facts:

(1) Ryan came in with very little experience at QB
(2) He was sacked at an unbelievable rate due to poor protection
(3) His coaching was highly suspect and forced him to learn numerous different offenses
(4) His deep ball threat was Mike Wallace, who played softer than DVP

In spite of these things, he has improved every year. Most QB’s would be absolutely shell shocked and would have been traded. He has been tough, and if you can give him a second or two, he can sling the rock. He deserves better than what a lot of so called fans have given him.

Miami is just spoiled due to Marino, and no one will ever confuse RT with Marino. QB’s like Marino are once in a lifetime, and we have had ours. We are fortunate to have RT, and I believe we can win with him.
Also let's not understate the Philbin nepotism entrusting the franchise's most valuable developing asset to a neophyte, inexperienced QB coach because he was his butt buddy's son-in-law.

....and then when threatened with losing his own job, although forced to fire Sherman, still kept Taylor in place - putting his friend before the franchise once again..

**** Philbin!!! Really!

Through the first two games I thought he left a few plays in the field but after coming back from such a bad injury this seemed natural

Here is his (bloated by amazing play calls) line today

Aside from holding onto the ball at the end of the first half I genuinely don't think that he made a mistake all day - with absolutely zero help from the running backs

Believe that He is now 11-5 under Gase

Discuss:

Holding on to the ball? You James yet again missing his block on third down?

And with todays rules. Marino threw when you could shank a wideout when the ball was in the air. Not today

Last edited:
His stay line was good. Can't get much better QBR......wait, Wilson did...lol.

He's getting better every week, and seems to have developed a knack for running at the best times, sticking daggers in the opponents.

Too often, we have been on the other side of that.

These slow starts have to stop I'd we are to bear playoff caliber teams on a regular basis. I don't place the majority of the blame on 17 for that though.

Back
Top Bottom