@@@'s 1st round Mock V2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

@@@'s 1st round Mock V2

@@@

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Detroit Lions
MATTHEW STAFFORD, QB, GEORGIA

The Lions could go for Jason Smith here but with Jets, Broncos and Bucs all possibly looking qb before they pick again they turn to Stafford

St. Louis Rams
JASON SMITH, OT, BAYLOR

The Rams would have loved to snag Jake Long last year and if the Lions pick Jason Smith they could be looking at their 2nd option again this year

Kansas City Chiefs
EUGENE MONROE, OT, VIRGINIA

They could take Aaron Curry here to play inside in the 34 but i'm not sure that carries the same value at this spot as Monroe

Seattle Seahawks
AARON CURRY, LB, WAKE FOREST

I was tempted to go with Mark Sanchez here but i think the Seahawks still have enough years left with Hasselbeck and sure thing AaronCurry could man any of the linebacker spots in Seattles 43

Cleveland Browns
BRIAN ORAKPO, OLB, TEXAS

I was tempted to predict the Browns trading Edwards to the Giants but i don't really want to throw a trade in the mock so the Browns add an outside rusher

Cincinnati Bengals
ANDRE SMITH, OT, ALABAMA

The Bengals shore up their O-line with the best run blocker in the draft and they're not exactly known for looking for high character guys!!!

Oakland Raiders
MICHAEL CRABTREE, WR, TEXAS TECH

Some people think that Davis won't take Crabtree because he doesn't have elite speed but i don't see it, he's got a burner in Johnnie Lee Higgins and Crab is the best WR available

Jacksonville Jaguars
B.J. RAJI, DT, BOSTON COLLEGE

The Jags get a big body to go alongside John Henderson

Green Bay Packers
AARON MAYBIN, DE, PENN ST

Maybe they go Everette Brown here but i think Maybin is a better fit for the 34 they are shifting to

San Francisco 49ers
MARK SANCHEZ, QB, USC

I had Michael Oher going here before but I think Sanchez is probably the right pick here

Buffalo Bills
MICHAEL OHER, OT, OLE MISS

With Jason Peters traded LT is a big hole for the Bills and Oher falls right into their grasp

Denver Broncos
TYSON JACKSON, DE, L.S.U

Switching to a 3-4 the Broncos need OLB's and D line help, i don't have Everette Brown as an ideal 3-4 guy myself and while Jackson is a reach here i'm not sure there's a better option

Washington Redskins
EVERETTE BROWN, OLB, FLORIDA ST

With the Marquee offensive tackles gone the Redskins look to fill a hole at RDE or OLB

New Orleans Saints
MALCOLM JENKINS, CB-S, OHIO ST

Jenkins lack of deep speed won't be an issue in NO cover 2 he'll step right in and upgrade a pretty poor defensive backfield

Houston Texans
CLAY MATTHEWS, LB, USC

At first i had Beanie wells going here to form a 1-2 punch with Steve Slaton but i can see them addressing that later in the draft and Matthew is a better fit ouside than Cushing for the Texans

San Diego Chargers
REY MAUALUGA, ILB, USC

I think the Chargers want Tyson Jackson to replace Olshansky but with him gone and no safety worth this pick they add to Merriman and Phillips with a banger in the middle

New York Jets
JEREMY MACLIN, WR, MISSOURI

Josh Freeman could be an option but with Maclin slipping this far the Jets pounch on the Missou playmaker

Denver Broncos
PERIA JERRY, DT, OLE MISS

McDaniels obviously thinks he can win with Orton and I feel Jerry has the disruptiveness and the frame to become a top tier nose tackle

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
JOSH FREEMAN, QB, KANSAS STATE

Josh Freeman fills the bucs void at qb

Detroit Lions
ZIGGY HOOD, DT, MISSOURI

The Lions have next to nothing at DT so hood fills a need here

Philadelphia Eagles
BEANIE WELLS, RB, OHIO ST

Brian Westbrook is often injured so the Eagles get some insurance and some thunder to Westbrooks lightning

Minnesota Vikings
EBEN BRITTON, OT, Arizona

The Vikings need o-line help and Britton is good value here, i could also see them going wideout

New England Patriots
BRIAN CUSHING, OLB, USC

Bruschi is pretty much done and Cushing has the versatility to play all over before finding an eventual home alongside Mayo

Atlanta Falcons
ROBERT AYERS, DE, TENNESSEE

The Falcons need D-line help and Ayers gives them an option at DE, OLB or even some snaps at DT

Miami Dolphins
KENNY BRITT, WR, RUTGERS

The toughest pick to make for any fin fan since we have a few needs of varying severity and plenty of good players left on the board. We could go a few different ways here

Michael Johnson and Connor Barwin are still on the board as are Percy Harvin, Kenny Britt, Hackin Nicks and Darius Heyward-Bey with Eben Britton gone i'm not sure i'd

look o-line, Jarron Gilbert could be an option but we are pretty set at DE and i see him perhaps lasting to 44. There are also options at DB with Vontae Davis, Sean Smith

and Darius Butler still available. I had us taking Nicks here in my last mock but having gone over the tape again i actually feel like Britt is the better prospect he gets decent

seperation for a big guy in both short and deep areas, comes from a pro style offense and is really a great size and speed combo with performances to back up the numbers.

Baltimore Ravens
DARIUS HEYWARD-BEY, WR, MARYLAND

Flacco gets a deep threat to go along with steady veteran Derrick Mason

Indianapolis Colts
SEN'DERRICK MARKS, DT, AUBURN

A reach at this point but the colts are in dire straits at DT and needs must

Buffallo Bills
BRANDON PETTIGREW, TE, OKLAHOMA ST

Pettigrew doesn't have the downfield threat of a Winslow or Vernon Davis but he's solid all rounder at a need position

New York Giants
HAKEEM NICKS, WR, NORTH CAROLINA

With the Plaxico gone WR is an obvious hole and Nicks offers manning another target

Tennessee Titans
DARIUS BUTLER, CB, CONNECTICUT

Having lived with Pac Man Jones the Titans avoid character risk Vontae Davis and take Butler

Arizona Cardinals
KNOWSHON MORENO, RB, GEORGIA

Edge James is clearly not coming back and i'm not sure they're 100% sold on Tim Hightower

Pittsburgh Steelers
MAX UNGER, OL, CALIFORNIA

The Steelers could take any position on the line here and Unger offers versatility they could also look at a corner

Back
Top Bottom