S.F. Going With Rodgers(Per Sources Close to The Niners) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

S.F. Going With Rodgers(Per Sources Close to The Niners)

If this is true, and the 49ers get Rodgers locked up, we're in the drivers seat. Saban can then field offers seriously, and hopefully get what he wants in a trade down senario....

I agree that Tampa wants RB R. Brown, not QB A. Smith as they have been leading everyone to believe...

PHINZ RULE!!!

PhinKev said:
Maybe I'm a little behind here, but I heard Mort say on Mike and Mike (ESPN Radio) this morning (Monday), that SF is taking Smith unless they run into a signing problem. He said Nolan has him ranked higher.

Something change, or is Mort wrong?

It seems some of the national pundits have this notion they want Smith, while the word out of San Francisco (Ira Miller-Niner Beat Writer for the Chronicle for one) from those more closely tied to the situation are saying it will be Rodgers. Mort certainly is far from always right, and nobody else is either.

There is much speculation, I tend to lean towards believing those more closely tied to the team than these national guys that are trying to keep up with all 32 teams. Rodgers will come cheaper and will fit their system perfectly. I think the only thing holding the Niners up now is waiting to see if somebody will knock their socks off with a trade up offer.

ChambersWI said:
Nolan has him ranked higher? Both Adam Sheftner and John Clayton said Nolan has Rodgers ranked higher

I don't have any answers here, other than Mort said both on Sports Center and on Mike and Mike today, that Nolan likes Smith. I agree that Mort is not the end all be all of analysis though he said something like 90 percent unless signing becomes an issue.

It is interesting to see the division between the various "experts"

SF is clearly blowing smoke up someone's a**. If they are so set on Rogers or even Smith, I wonder why they would go through the trouble. Sounds to me like this is a team that is either not sure or is trying to move down by claiming anyone they can.

The national media HATES the Dolphins. They DO NOT want Saban and Alex Smith to join forces, no how, no way. I think this is wishful thinking on their part. Believe the local guys, they are saying Rodgers..

Saban is going to win championships for us unless the rest of the NFL gangs up on him and keeps him from getting players.

The rest of the league hopes we start moron A. J. Feeley next season so we can go 4-12 again. They don't want the sleeping giant of the Dolphins to awaken.

dolphingator said:
The national media HATES the Dolphins. They DO NOT want Saban and Alex Smith to join forces, no how, no way. I think this is wishful thinking on their part. Believe the local guys, they are saying Rodgers..

Saban is going to win championships for us unless the rest of the NFL gangs up on him and keeps him from getting players.

The rest of the league hopes we start moron A. J. Feeley next season so we can go 4-12 again. They don't want the sleeping giant of the Dolphins to awaken.

Hmm....ok i dont want to agree with you because its hard to believe in a conspiracy theory against our beloved Dolphins...however i am of the opinion that the league perhaps wants certain players to go to certain teams and that being said perhaps something of what you said has merit. I hear conflicting sources say that San Fran wants Smith...and the other saying San Fran wants Rodgers. I have been on the Rodgers bandwagon for a while but i am starting to think that if San Fran does take Smith that Saban doesnt like Rodgers enough to use the pick on him which would leave us out of the QB pool and that is something i dont want. I want either of them here..i prefer Rodgers but if it means gettin ANY QB here....let San Fran take him and Smith will be welcomed here.

If they do sign Rodgers, then it opens some real trade possibilities for us because it eliminates Minnesota and the 49ers as trade partners and it brings San Diego, Arizona, the Vikes and the Bucs and possibly the Browns into focus as deal up partners as all would like either Edwards or Smith. Both Cleveland and Tampa would like Smith and Cleveland would also like Edwards.

This time next week, we'll have sod all to talk about :)

EPSN thi morning on the draft special said SF is closer to a deal with Smith than Rodgers...im just gonna wait till Tagliabue annojnces the pick

Slappy8800 said:
EPSN thi morning on the draft special said SF is closer to a deal with Smith than Rodgers...im just gonna wait till Tagliabue annojnces the pick

actually they said talks had stalled between Smith and the 9ers.

I hope we trade down but I see really no chance of it happening.

ChambersWI said:
actually they said talks had stalled between Smith and the 9ers.

It's a game of agent vs agent. Who can get it done first.

Sal P. just reported the Niners are leading towards Smith but they're having a whole bunch of trade offers.

Crap, the 49ers must have the first three picks in the draft, because they are "GOING" to draft Rogers, Smith, Edwards...

But serously, it's going to be an interesting first 30 minutes in this draft.

Back
Top Bottom