S.F. Going With Rodgers(Per Sources Close to The Niners) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

S.F. Going With Rodgers(Per Sources Close to The Niners)

I hope they get the deal signed soon. Then at least we KNOW who is available, maybe who is not available...

After the deal is signed, I wonder if we will make the trade to trade down (to which ever team/rumor you believe more)!? Up till now I have been saying it won't happen until draft day, but if the niners have a deal/contract with a guy... then anyone else that wants whoever is left can make the deal then...

thats good news for us in terms of trading down.

also good for you, with the utmost respect, as a Smith homer j/k :tongue:

Hopefully this is the case. It would give a lot more options on Saturday.

finsnchips said:
thats good news for us in terms of trading down.

also good for you, with the utmost respect, as a Smith homer j/k :tongue:

Actually, I'm not a Smith Homer, I like Rodgers just as well, its just that I have felt all along S.F. would go with Rodgers, he fits their West Coast offense to a tee, he is ready to play now and he has a terrific arm with great accuracy.

BlueFin said:
Actually, I'm not a Smith Homer, I like Rodgers just as well, its just that I have felt all along S.F. would go with Rodgers, he fits their West Coast offense to a tee, he is ready to play now and he has a terrific arm with great accuracy.

Agreed...it's the smart move....and that opens the door for the real trading to begin...for Edwards and M. Williams....both players that Tampa and the Vikes really want.

BlueFin said:
http://www.fanstop.com/public/nflboards/fortyniners/index.cgi?read=102922

Also heard a radio report today that San Fran expects to have a deal signed by Rodgers by tommorow.

BlueFin,

I have a question for you...I know that A. Smith took almost all of his snaps from the shotgun position...do you think he will be able to become a successful drop back qb? I'm a little worried that he will have some difficulty being a drop back passer...in the 3 and 5 step drops...this might hurt him. I don't know but what do you think?

Like I've been saying...I think Saban will take A. Smith if we stay at the #2 spot and if the 49ers take Rodgers or someone else besides A. Smith with their pick. The 49ers are the key to our draft...it will give us some options if they take Rodgers. I don't think the Browns will take A. Smith. The Bears won't take a QB either...so if the 49ers don't take Rodgers...A. Smith will still be on the board when Tampa picks at #5. I have so many thoughts running through my mind...My gut feeling is...if we stay at the #2 spot...and A. Smith is still there...Saban will take him...unless Saban gets an offer he can't refuse from the Bucs or Vikes. Maybe Saban will take A. Smith...and than trade him...because a lot of GM's feel he's bluffing and really wants a RB...so they don't think any team will trade with us...that's when he just may take Smith.

I'm confused...but things will get all cleared up...sooner rather than later.

I hope we can trade out of the #2 spot and get more picks...but than again I say to myself...maybe we should take Smith...he maybe a franchise QB someday.

If we trade out...into the #5 or #7 spot...I can see us taking "Cadillac" if Brown and Edwards are gone. I don't think Benson is Saban's type of player...he may actually be the best rb but his past problems off the field may hurt him...again I don't know.

What's funny is that no one is talking about Williams...maybe just maybe Saban wants M. Williams...this could be his guy all along. We'll will just have to wait and see. Anyway, what is your feeling on this?

Go Fins!!!

BlueFin said:
apologies. At this time I really can't see us getting either of them.

Sal Lisitano said:
BlueFin,

I have a question for you...I know that A. Smith took almost all of his snaps from the shotgun position...do you think he will be able to become a successful drop back qb? I'm a little worried that he will have some difficulty being a drop back passer...in the 3 and 5 step drops...this might hurt him. I don't know but what do you think?

Like I've been saying...I think Saban will take A. Smith if we stay at the #2 spot and if the 49ers take Rodgers or someone else besides A. Smith with their pick. The 49ers are the key to our draft...it will give us some options if they take Rodgers. I don't think the Browns will take A. Smith. The Bears won't take a QB either...so if the 49ers don't take Rodgers...A. Smith will still be on the board when Tampa picks at #5. I have so many thoughts running through my mind...My gut feeling is...if we stay at the #2 spot...and A. Smith is still there...Saban will take him...unless Saban gets an offer he can't refuse from the Bucs or Vikes. Maybe Saban will take A. Smith...and than trade him...because a lot of GM's feel he's bluffing and really wants a RB...so they don't think any team will trade with us...that's when he just may take Smith.

I'm confused...but things will get all cleared up...sooner rather than later.

I hope we can trade out of the #2 spot and get more picks...but than again I say to myself...maybe we should take Smith...he maybe a franchise QB someday.

If we trade out...into the #5 or #7 spot...I can see us taking "Cadillac" if Brown and Edwards are gone. I don't think Benson is Saban's type of player...he may actually be the best rb but his past problems off the field may hurt him...again I don't know.

What's funny is that no one is talking about Williams...maybe just maybe Saban wants M. Williams...this could be his guy all along. We'll will just have to wait and see. Anyway, what is your feeling on this?

Go Fins!!!

I have no real concerns about Alex Smith's ability to adapt to whatever style of offense he's asked to learn.

He is one of the most intelligent QB's to come into this league in a long long time, he is also very athletic.

Alex ran a complex offense in Utah that was actually a takeoff of the offense Linehan runs according to Smith himself, he had to make reads and decisions on every play and he did it with extreme efficiency.

My feeling is we will draft Alex Smith or trade down if the offer is good enough, I don't think Saban will take a watered down offer to give up Alex Smith......this of course is just my gut feeling of the situation.

lets hope this is the case! The sooner he signs the better! I can't wait to shut up all this media speculation (especailly MORT) and let Saban get to work!!!

Back
Top Bottom