S1e8 "the Chuckies" Meltdown – Patriots Challenge | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

S1e8 "the Chuckies" Meltdown – Patriots Challenge

I dropped off after listening to about half of the pod cast. I understand the OP's criticism of some issues thru the first 3 games. But the POD cast was too negative to me for a 3-0 team. Highlight more of the positive if you want to keep listeners.
Thanks for the feedback.

I thought it was a pretty good listen. I think RT is better than an average QB, especially playing through the adversity of a major knee injury and playing at a high level.

A lot of the podcast spoke to things we bitch about on here during game days, like bad playcalling, penalties and not running the ball, so not sure what a lot of you are griping at.

Appreciate you giving us a try. We are very happy to be 3-0. Even Gase says publicly “there are things to fix.”

We aren’t making any money doing this. We do it because we are lifelong Dolphins fans who have seen it all and enjoy talking about it. Maybe we have wisdom, or maybe we are a pair of idiots. The answers to your questions are in the podcasts. Listen, or don’t. Agree or disagree. Judge for yourself.

I listened with an open mind. I will say that you guys seem to have a good chemistry and it was enjoyable listening to the overall production. I appreciate what you guys are doing and give you a ton of credit for putting this together and the thought and effort that you obviously put in to it.

I clearly see there being a portion of the fanbase that is going to share you guys' mindset. It does however have a sense of negativity to it. For the first 10 minutes if i didn't know we were 3-0 i would think you were talking about a 1-2 team.

-I'm not sure how you see the shared receptions as a negative thing.
RT is literally top 5 in ypc and rating. It's an extremely efficient scheme. There is ZERO negative to be found in spreading the ball like we have. Teams have no single person to take away to change or game plan. We've got 5 others to kill em with.
-We have literally done 1 trick play. The media keeps pushing this "they're doing it through trick plays and it's not sustainable" narrative and it's just not factual. Those others are no more a trick than an RPO or play action.
-You hit the nail on the head imo about the Wilson/Grant high five. Up there with the Marino fake spike for me (as far as jaw dropping exciting)

I get people being scared to buy in and trust the record. I am too. I just see something very different in this team and i think we've seen enough to let ourselves believe a little more than we have in a long time. Thanks for posting and for putting in the work for the team.

You completely lost me when you discussed the fantasy rankings of the players. There may be an audience for this podcast, but I doubt anyone who really knows football will gain much from it. Good luck to you going forward.

I listened with an open mind. I will say that you guys seem to have a good chemistry and it was enjoyable listening to the overall production. I appreciate what you guys are doing and give you a ton of credit for putting this together and the thought and effort that you obviously put in to it.

I clearly see there being a portion of the fanbase that is going to share you guys' mindset. It does however have a sense of negativity to it. For the first 10 minutes if i didn't know we were 3-0 i would think you were talking about a 1-2 team.

-I'm not sure how you see the shared receptions as a negative thing.
RT is literally top 5 in ypc and rating. It's an extremely efficient scheme. There is ZERO negative to be found in spreading the ball like we have. Teams have no single person to take away to change or game plan. We've got 5 others to kill em with.
-We have literally done 1 trick play. The media keeps pushing this "they're doing it through trick plays and it's not sustainable" narrative and it's just not factual. Those others are no more a trick than an RPO or play action.
-You hit the nail on the head imo about the Wilson/Grant high five. Up there with the Marino fake spike for me (as far as jaw dropping exciting)

I get people being scared to buy in and trust the record. I am too. I just see something very different in this team and i think we've seen enough to let ourselves believe a little more than we have in a long time. Thanks for posting and for putting in the work for the team.

We appreciate the thoughtful response. I have no issues with spreading the ball around - but am persistent in thinking we need to commit to the running game, especially when it’s working. Gase goes away from it too oFten IMO. Alex talked about the number of catches but I didn’t have it in mind that it was to be critical when we discussed it. Maybe I’ll go back and listen again with that in mind and argue with him next week.

You completely lost me when you discussed the fantasy rankings of the players. There may be an audience for this podcast, but I doubt anyone who really knows football will gain much from it. Good luck to you going forward.
This remark surprises me. I use fantasy for two purposes. 1 is just for fun and a bit of competition with the other people on the league. But the reason I started to play it was because I know football, and because I wanted to use it to stay in touch with what other players and teams are doing around the league. I’ve played in one league since 1992. Alex is a bit more obsessive about it, and plays in many with money on the line. You know it was invented by a scout for the Oakland Raiders for the same purpose, right? This is not a fantasy podcast but it creeps in here and there, mostly because of his “obsession” with it.

This remark surprises me. I use fantasy for two purposes. 1 is just for fun and a bit of competition with the other people on the league. But the reason I started to play it was because I know football, and because I wanted to use it to stay in touch with what other players and teams are doing around the league. I’ve played in one league since 1992. Alex is a bit more obsessive about it, and plays in many with money on the line. You know it was invented by a scout for the Oakland Raiders for the same purpose, right? This is not a fantasy podcast but it creeps in here and there, mostly because of his “obsession” with it.
I spent some time thinking about this last night, and recalled the conversation as we headed out to our cars following the podcast where Alex said “we should do a fantasy podcast” and I said “this one is enough for me...” and both people here that mentioned fantasy as an element of deterence have a point. I really don’t give a crap about wether Dolphins players are “fantasy relevant” or not when it comes to the performance and success of our team. Next episode, I will eliminate or push back on the fantasy stuff.

Back
Top Bottom