S1e8 "the Chuckies" Meltdown – Patriots Challenge | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

S1e8 "the Chuckies" Meltdown – Patriots Challenge

TwoOldDolfans

Active Roster
Reaction score
Scott hears another podcast and it triggers an old memory. He and Alex tie their experience of witnessing a fight between a Dolphin and a Charger in the Jimmy Johnson era to the story on this week’s episode of The Fish Tank podcast. Scott reveals the pain of listening to Raider Radio on his drive from Sacramento to San Diego Sunday. Our hosts break down the victory over the Chuckies, then delve into injuries and the state of the team. They discuss they keys to victory against the Patriots, make their picks, and have some fun with the various power polls.

http://twoolddolfans.com/index.php/2018/09/26/chuckies-meltdown-patriots-challenge/

I'll give the podcast a shot even though it seems you're
here just to promote said podcast and do little to have Dolphin
discourse here

Well, it’s true that’s why we came... but you are the first person to “engage” us with a comment. So, we are happy to have discourse with anyone who wants to chat wether it’s here or twitter or elsewhere. Hope you like it.

Well, it’s true that’s why we came... but you are the first person to “engage” us with a comment. So, we are happy to have discourse with anyone who wants to chat wether it’s here or twitter or elsewhere. Hope you like it.
Did one of your prior podcasts feature a segment trying to debunk the notion that Tannehill is a good QB or am I confusing you with some else?

Why worry about small amount of targets for receivers? They are all about equal which make the defense guess where the ball is going. Don't understand your worry. Lack of yards has to do with having short fields. I'll take the short fields and less yards every day.

Did one of your prior podcasts feature a segment trying to debunk the notion that Tannehill is a good QB or am I confusing you with some else?
I’ve heard and read open debate on the subject for a long time. Finding a “franchise” QB has been a consistent thread of discussion for Alex and I for decades - and a topic we we touched on in previous podcasts. It may be that your are confusing us with another podcast because we have not developed a specific segment dedicated to saying he is good or bad. We both think he is very average and frequently discuss it.

Why worry about small amount of targets for receivers? They are all about equal which make the defense guess where the ball is going. Don't understand your worry. Lack of yards has to do with having short fields. I'll take the short fields and less yards every day.
Our worry is more about balanced play calling than identifying a single target for receptions. Conversely, we worry more about what it takes to commit to a run game that will balance the offense, and for that our true #1 not only needs more touches, but plays schemed to compensate for our strengths and weaknesses, as well as the strengths and weaknesses of the opponent we are facing that week. Also, increased targets for all receivers will come from more sustained drives. Time of possession is a big problem for sustainability and the continued success of this team on both sides of the ball.

that's what it was? A podcast to be negative about the QB?
Of course not. Good things were said, flaws were noted. It’s an objective breakdown - but the podcast itself is about a lot of things - not a platform to criticize anyone. Similar with Gase, good things said and worries.

We aren’t making any money doing this. We do it because we are lifelong Dolphins fans who have seen it all and enjoy talking about it. Maybe we have wisdom, or maybe we are a pair of idiots. The answers to your questions are in the podcasts. Listen, or don’t. Agree or disagree. Judge for yourself.

I dropped off after listening to about half of the pod cast. I understand the OP's criticism of some issues thru the first 3 games. But the POD cast was too negative to me for a 3-0 team. Highlight more of the positive if you want to keep listeners.

Back
Top Bottom