Saban A Bust? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban A Bust?

I want somone to logically explain to me how Nick Saban is better then Wanny was. And spare me your Rah, rah, were a true fan crap! Where is the hope that next year will be any better?

........let the pigeons loose.

Time to move on Bro! Saban isnt going anywhere and WH aint gonna fire him unless it gets real bad (AKA wanny's last season).

I think your emotions can be focused on something else more important.

I dont see how anyone can say that Saban is a bust, look at what he has done with you guys, last year you ended the year on a winning streak, then you guys turn around and start another streak this year.

He is a good coach, he just hasnt gotten the right pieces of the puzzle yet.

I dont see how anyone can say that Saban is a bust, look at what he has done with you guys, last year you ended the year on a winning streak, then you guys turn around and start another streak this year.

He is a good coach, he just hasnt gotten the right pieces of the puzzle yet.

Thank you. That pretty much sums it up. Thats what it always comes down to. It's all about having the right players. I think alot of people fail to realize that Saban had to convert this defense from a 4-3 man cover 2 to a 4-3/3-4 hybrid defense with safeties playing either cover 2 or run support.

People dont realize that its freaking hard to convert a team in one to two seasons and at the same time trying to be sucessful. This takes time. Now add a new coordinator and injuries and that equals non success.

A BUST --- no way ....

Every coach takes some risks with personnel decisions ... right now - today -- the Culpepper one does not look good !!! Harrington was merely an insurance policy ... so regardless of how you view Joey's performance, he was not meant to lead us to a SB ...

The only issue I have with him thus far is his 1st round draft picks ... the future will tell of course, but at least at this point, we didn't pick up any special players in either pick ......

And if somehow,, someway, Culpepper provides a healthy improved performance next year .... then all could be corrected ... IF NOT, then the Saban ship might be in trouble ...

As a pure coach ... I have no issues with the guy .... but its his personnel decisions that will doom him in the next 2 years if they aren't corrected ....

A BUST --- no way ....

Every coach takes some risks with personnel decisions ... right now - today -- the Culpepper one does not look good !!! Harrington was merely an insurance policy ... so regardless of how you view Joey's performance, he was not meant to lead us to a SB ...

The only issue I have with him thus far is his 1st round draft picks ... the future will tell of course, but at least at this point, we didn't pick up any special players in either pick ......

And if somehow,, someway, Culpepper provides a healthy improved performance next year .... then all could be corrected ... IF NOT, then the Saban ship might be in trouble ...

As a pure coach ... I have no issues with the guy .... but its his personnel decisions that will doom him in the next 2 years if they aren't corrected ....

What part of NC you from? Raleigh here.

The overall talent on this team is just flat out better. Saban is responsible for that. When wanny was around, all we had were starters and nobody else. If one of our starters got hurt, then in all likeliness, a guy we knew nothing about was going to have to take his place. Not with sabans team though.

Look at our d-line. The starters (Carter, Holliday, Traylor, and Taylor) are awesome. But having Big Daddy, Bowens, and Roth plugging behind them shows saban knows how to build a team. Or look at Safety. Safety was THE weakest position during the wanny era. (Arturo Freeman...) but now look at it. We have not one, not two, but three quality players with Bell, J. Allen, and Hill back at the safety position. I can go on by name other positions like runningback with ricky ronnie and sammy, or qb with harrington and culpepper, but i'll let it be.

Nick Saban has put up two decent seasons while trying to build a great team. Wanny put up decent seasons while watching the team get old and die.

FURTHURMORE. Channing Crowder, Matt Roth, Ronnie Brown, Jason Allen, Travis Daniels, Derek Hagan, and Joe toledo WOULD NOT, i repeat, WOULD NOT be on this team if wanny was the coach. We all know how bad Wanny was at drafting. I think if wanny was around, he wouldn;t have drafted any of these guys. He would have drafted Edwards first instead of Brown, he would have taken someone like marcus Vick in the first this year. I mean, the guys best draft pick was Yeremiah Bell in the 7th round. Dave Wannstedt was content to stick with the lack of talent on this team until it just eventualy died.

ALso, Nick Saban doesnt go out and spend big money on guys like Reggie Howard. Nick saban goes out and spends little money on guys like kevin carter and vonnie holliday. Saban doesnt go out and sign Jeno james to try and anchor our line, he drafts lineman like Toledo who would have started over James this year if not for the injury. Saban doesnt trade up one spot to get vernon Carey....SABAN DOESNT ALLOW A TRADE FOR A.J. FEELEY!!!!!

GAAAH
Im done.
and yes. SABAN DOESNT HAVE A F****** MUSTACHE!

This is the classic definition of "CONJECTURE". Websters calls conjecture, "an inferring, theorizing, or predicting from incomplete or uncertain evidence; guesswork."

I have never in my life seen conjecture more perfectly illustrated than by the content of this post.

How much worse would we be if Joe Toledo and Derek Hagan weren't on this team and Wanny had picked someone else? For that matter, how much worse would we be if the 06 draft had never happened? I think not one bit.

I want somone to logically explain to me how Nick Saban is better then Wanny was. And spare me your Rah, rah, were a true fan crap! Where is the hope that next year will be any better?

........let the pigeons loose.

Does the word impatient many anything to you?? It should. Saban is trying rebuild what was a perennial playoff team that Wanny left too old, without much talent and capped out to continue being one. It will take more than two years for this to happen. I know it difficult to do but try to be patient.

Back
Top Bottom