Saban A Bust? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban A Bust?

DirkDiggler

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I want somone to logically explain to me how Nick Saban is better then Wanny was. And spare me your Rah, rah, were a true fan crap! Where is the hope that next year will be any better?

........let the pigeons loose.

DirkDiggler said:
I want somone to logically explain to me how Nick Saban is better then Wanny was. And spare me your Rah, rah, were a true fan crap! Where is the hope that next year will be any better?

I think needs to give personnel decision making calls to Randy Mueller, and just let Nick be the coach. He is finding out just like Holmgren did in Seattle.

At least there is a question mark after the title....

He doesn't have the mustache...

img787138376807cavf0-1.jpg

The overall talent on this team is just flat out better. Saban is responsible for that. When wanny was around, all we had were starters and nobody else. If one of our starters got hurt, then in all likeliness, a guy we knew nothing about was going to have to take his place. Not with sabans team though.

Look at our d-line. The starters (Carter, Holliday, Traylor, and Taylor) are awesome. But having Big Daddy, Bowens, and Roth plugging behind them shows saban knows how to build a team. Or look at Safety. Safety was THE weakest position during the wanny era. (Arturo Freeman...) but now look at it. We have not one, not two, but three quality players with Bell, J. Allen, and Hill back at the safety position. I can go on by name other positions like runningback with ricky ronnie and sammy, or qb with harrington and culpepper, but i'll let it be.

Nick Saban has put up two decent seasons while trying to build a great team. Wanny put up decent seasons while watching the team get old and die.

FURTHURMORE. Channing Crowder, Matt Roth, Ronnie Brown, Jason Allen, Travis Daniels, Derek Hagan, and Joe toledo WOULD NOT, i repeat, WOULD NOT be on this team if wanny was the coach. We all know how bad Wanny was at drafting. I think if wanny was around, he wouldn;t have drafted any of these guys. He would have drafted Edwards first instead of Brown, he would have taken someone like marcus Vick in the first this year. I mean, the guys best draft pick was Yeremiah Bell in the 7th round. Dave Wannstedt was content to stick with the lack of talent on this team until it just eventualy died.

ALso, Nick Saban doesnt go out and spend big money on guys like Reggie Howard. Nick saban goes out and spends little money on guys like kevin carter and vonnie holliday. Saban doesnt go out and sign Jeno james to try and anchor our line, he drafts lineman like Toledo who would have started over James this year if not for the injury. Saban doesnt trade up one spot to get vernon Carey....SABAN DOESNT ALLOW A TRADE FOR A.J. FEELEY!!!!!

GAAAH
Im done.
and yes. SABAN DOESNT HAVE A F****** MUSTACHE!

Saban4prez said:
The overall talent on this team is just flat out better. Saban is responsible for that. When wanny was around, all we had were starters and nobody else. If one of our starters got hurt, then in all likeliness, a guy we knew nothing about was going to have to take his place. Not with sabans team though.

Look at our d-line. The starters (Carter, Holliday, Traylor, and Taylor) are awesome. But having Big Daddy, Bowens, and Roth plugging behind them shows saban knows how to build a team. Or look at Safety. Safety was THE weakest position during the wanny era. (Arturo Freeman...) but now look at it. We have not one, not two, but three quality players with Bell, J. Allen, and Hill back at the safety position. I can go on by name other positions like runningback with ricky ronnie and sammy, or qb with harrington and culpepper, but i'll let it be.

Nick Saban has put up two decent seasons while trying to build a great team. Wanny put up decent seasons while watching the team get old and die.

If the talent is that much better, then what does that say about Saban's coaching ability at this level?

DirkDiggler said:

saban is a better judge of talent. saban has not had a losing season as an nfl coach (finger crossed for this year). Saban is more organized than wanny. Saban is a better defensive coach than wanny. saban has always been a winner. saban will win with the fins. You can't expect him to clean up this mess overnite. I expect playoffs next year with a qb and ricky back. Hell if we had a qb this year we would be in the playoffs. Look at this team this year compared to last year. I feel we can beat any team in the nfl if we get good qb play. last year we won games against crap teams and a depleted pats team. There is definitely been an improvement this year. sure were not where i want us to be but we are moving in the right direction. Everyone knew it would take at least 3 years to see the results. You are being very impatient. Yes it sucks but that is the way it is. Saban came in and the cupboards were bare!!!!

Dirk has a legitimate question. What HAS Saban done to justify the praises that have been heaped upon him by most? I am more of a "show me" person. I don't fall in love with someone before they ever accomplish anything. Saban has my support, but he has done very little to win my confidence to this point. His personnel decisions (a lot of them) have been questionable. The overall team preparation has been inconsistent. His public coddling of the team blows me away sometimes. I like an approach more like Parcells has - call them out sometimes, push the pride buttons a little. Piss off the players. Being an NFL coach isn't a popularity contest. It's a win games contest.

I'm not throwing out any compliments to Saban when he hasn't really earned any yet. Show me some results. REAL results. Get over the Wanny did this and Speilman did that excuse too. That era is over. There has been time to make much more significant improvements than we have. Is this team REALLY that much more talented than three, four, or five seasons ago? Overall, not by leaps and bounds - if at all. Saban is riding the same stars Wanny rode. Mainly Zach and JT. Ricky was a better back than Ronnie. (That's right - he was). Our wide reciever corp isn't way better. We still have Chris. We have Marty (was Gadsden) We have Wes now. Our o-line is no better. Our secondary is worse. Our overall Linebacking corp is not way better. Channing is up and coming. The most obvious upgrade is defensive line in terms of overall talent. But that was upgraded with aging players that aren't going to be around much longer anyway.

Not trying to be a downer. Just being realistic. I love the Dolphins. I want them to succeed. But I'm a realist. I don't put on my rose colored glasses that often. Gotta prove something to me first.

DirkDiggler said:

Dirk...not to come off as rude, but you've already made it clear that you hate Ronnie, Saban etc., there's NOTHING anybody can do or say here to change your mind. So why bother posting this except to start a flame war?

I do not feel that Saban is a bust at all. Part of that belief is that I feel Saban has been picking up the pieces from past years... We have changed in some areas, and those areas are having growing pains. I personally don't think we are widespread better then 2004 personnel wise.

I feel that we need to be patient, I know that is hard in the win now NFL, but... Saban signed a 5 year contract, and I expected to take that amount of time to build what we need and turn that corner.

I'm not ready to call Saban anything other then hard working, because I know that he is working hard. I'll let every other decision that has been made along the way lay where it may. It's easy for us to judge, but he has that job for a reason and I need to trust in that. Anything else causes ulcers. And as always, hindsight is 20-20.

SCall13 said:
If the talent is that much better, then what does that say about Saban's coaching ability at this level?

Its hard to compensate for your best offensive weapon getting suspended for a year, your Starting QBs not healthy, Your rookie lineman who was finally going to fill a hole on your o line (Toledo) gets put on IR, Your starting runningback breaks his hand at a terrible time during the season, and on top of all that, he's had to deal with Alabama making media hell for him.

I hate sounding like im making excuses, i mean seriously, i really hate it. But to put it simply, a lot of the talent that was supposed to on the field for us this year didn't work out. But it will. Atleast i think so.

I really have to say that as far as I'm concerned the jury is still out on Saban but for all the hype about what a genius this guy is I just dont see it.

Why do you say I hate Ronnie and Saban. That is incorrect. Why do you always think that If someone says something critical that it is a personal attack?

Back
Top Bottom