Saban and the Chiefs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban and the Chiefs

kcphantom

Practice Squad
Reaction score
:redx: Who honestly thinks that Saban wont settle for something other than a second round pick for surtain? I think he will take the fourth that he was offered and then take another pick next year and that is to be determined on the performance of surtain whether it be a second or third.

But if you honestly think that he will get a second this year now that is funny:roflmao:

if we trade down with the bucs i think saban will except a 4th this year and 2nd next year. If not i think he will wait and see what happens on draft day and if nothing happens maybe accept a 1st day choice on day 1 next year.

we rework a couple contracts- we keep a pro bowl corner

Cheifs continue to lowball- they'll once again be in the afc west cellar due to inept offense.

A shut down corner for a second round pick is a good value, if you don't like it- have fun scoring 45 points next year and still losing by 7

kcphantom said:
But if you honestly think that he will get a second this year now that is funny:roflmao:

1)Surtain salary is already accounted for in our cap.

2)He is under contract.

3)He wants to stay in Miami.

4)He IS NOT threatening to "hold out".

We can always keep him and "Franchise" him next year.

We are not in a hurry.

We can wait until next year...........

Can the Chiefs?????????????

kcphantom said:
:redx: Who honestly thinks that Saban wont settle for something other than a second round pick for surtain? I think he will take the fourth that he was offered and then take another pick next year and that is to be determined on the performance of surtain whether it be a second or third.

Dexter McLeon, that is funny.:roflmao: :roflmao:

Im tired of seeing this. Nick Saban has a determined value for Surtain, hes made it clear. You wont be seeing Surtain in red this year unless you give up 2nd round pick. Like my fellow fin fans have said above, have fun with moss without surtain. You wont be able to use that 2nd round pick on anything near Surtain so whats the issue? Oh i know what, its that theres a bunch of sheisty lowballing asses in the KC front office who thinks Saban will give into this bull**** 4th round offer. I promise you, if KC doesnt offer what Miami is asking, we will keep surtain and ill be laughing my *** off when KC visits miami and your all crying over him.

kcphantom said:

These damn Chief fans are starting to get on my nerves. Remember, you guys are the one's that need PAt..

You know, KC reminds me of the Dolphins of the late '80's. Score 30+ a game and still lose. KC can posture and lowball all they want, but that team will never win anything until they beef up that defense.
Historically speaking, teams with weak D's and heavy O's don't win the Super Bowl. Plus, when was the last time KC even won a playoff game? 1993? And before that? If KC doesn't want to pony up, fine. Carl Petersen can come to my house to watch the playoffs, cause he won't be in them.

HVACservice said:
1)Surtain salary is already accounted for in our cap.

2)He is under contract.

3)He wants to stay in Miami.

4)He IS NOT threatening to "hold out".

We can always keep him and "Franchise" him next year.

We are not in a hurry.

We can wait until next year...........

Can the Chiefs?????????????

Ain't nearly that simple. We can't, as another said, just "re-work a couple of contracts." We have to re-work Surtain's and others to get the money to sign our picks.

Second, "franchising" Surtain will cost a BUNDLE next year. Around $10 million. The franchise for CB's is right at the top of the league. It puts us in the same position this year and doesn't solve anything for the Cap.

Third, it's those Cap #'s that are preventing us from signing him to a long term deal. Essentially he'd be costing us $18 million the next two years. We could get him for about that by signing him to a long term deal - but the team obviously doesn't want to do that with the depth we have at CB.

This is not to say we should accept anything for him. But, KC knows that we are in a difficult position as well with his deal.

kcphantom said:

Another KC fan drifting in here to cause uproars...Perhaps we will take a later round this year, but I'm sure it'll be an earlier round next year, IF that is the way the deal goes down...your problem is you couldn't cover the receivers you played against last year and this year you've added Moss...now that's funny !!!

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

kcphantom said:

i think the way you are getting treated in this thread is real similar to the way Saban is treating Peterson.

Or if that doesn't paint the picture for you, the little smiley in your post says it all.
Saban/FinHeaven is the red x and you/Peterson are the little guy with the stick.

no offense, but you KC fans are clueless.

If you don't cough up for Pat you can have Warfield covering Randy Moss.

We'll get a 2nd rounder out of you, whether it be this or next.

Da 'Fins said:
Ain't nearly that simple. We can't, as another said, just "re-work a couple of contracts." We have to re-work Surtain's and others to get the money to sign our picks.

Second, "franchising" Surtain will cost a BUNDLE next year. Around $10 million. The franchise for CB's is right at the top of the league. It puts us in the same position this year and doesn't solve anything for the Cap.

Third, it's those Cap #'s that are preventing us from signing him to a long term deal. Essentially he'd be costing us $18 million the next two years. We could get him for about that by signing him to a long term deal - but the team obviously doesn't want to do that with the depth we have at CB.

This is not to say we should accept anything for him. But, KC knows that we are in a difficult position as well with his deal.
Next year we have the option of making Sam the "fall guy" instead of Pat.

We get rid of Madison next year and that accomplishes the same goal. Cap relief.

We have plenty of moves to be made to get our draft picks signed this year without having to do anything with Pat's contract.

Exactly both Teams need something !!!
Kc needs Surtain
Miami has depth at CB and needs "Cap Space".

Back
Top Bottom