Saban blowing smoke up everybody's Butt. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban blowing smoke up everybody's Butt.

Section126

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
First we are very interested in Mike Williams....then Ronnie Brown...then Alex Smith...Then Braylon Edwards....NOW...Aaron Rodgers...

I love this guy....the problem is that it is now becoming obvious that we are BSing our way till draft day....

I just hope that all these teams we are bullshating don't just say..."Go ahead...take Aaron Rodgers."

I hope we are not overplaying our hand.

We're going around the carousel. It's just a matter of who is on our tiles when the clock drops.

Could it be that Saban was generating hype about Smith in hopes to make Nolan take Smith instead of Rodgers? Has Saban wanted Rodgers all along? hmm.

His true desire the entire time was to trade the pick. All he did was create enough uncertainty of who we'd pick to wait until the value shakes out and we see what players are drawing trade-up candidates out of the woodwork. That player right now (to me) is Braylon Edwards. I don't believe the talk of people trading up for Alex Smith, at the moment.

Draft trades in the top 10 are the ******* sons of uncertainty. Saban just needed to create that uncertainty, and now the 49ers are throwing a fit now that they've realized everyone has pigeon-holed them into taking one of the two QBs. They ignored Braylon, talked up taking a QB, and that was a mistake. Saban made the correct judgement...that Braylon is the most talented player in the draft.

Section who would you take at 2 ???

i think the best thing to do is STOP asking questions about who we are gonna pick, and STOP making posts about "so and so said we will pick this guy"....yes Section is right, one day we say one guy, the next day we say the next guy....we are just trying to see if people will trade us picks. Saban WILL NOT sit there and announce already who we are picking.....so its kinda useless to sit here and make posts about who we are picking. IMO:)

zeke0123 said:
Section who would you take at 2 ???

IMO........The only can't miss prospect in this draft is Braylon Edwards.....

I would not be unhappy though if we traded down and got one of the RB's...that would be fine by me.

Jnaledu3 said:
Could it be that Saban was generating hype about Smith in hopes to make Nolan take Smith instead of Rodgers? Has Saban wanted Rodgers all along? hmm.

Thats the one factor most everybody forgets, with the really good GM's they usually draft the guy they haven't said much about.

I like Smith and Rodgers, Rodgers riddled USC's awesome defense twice, beating them once and nearly beating them the second time. He was the only QB to beat them in the last two years.

I don't get all this negative talk about him, he has a powerful accurate arm with great mechanics, much better quarterback than AJ Feeley will ever be.

BlueFin said:
Thats the one factor most everybody forgets, with the really good GM's they usually draft the guy they haven't said much about.

Saban has been quiet about Ronnie Brown. :wink:

Love the title of your thread Section. :roflmao:
I also love how Saban seems to BS'ing everyone and spontaneously leading the media to believe we're interested in a new player every week. (Fooling the fans too.) I do agree with you though, that hopefully he doesn't go overboard and blow it. I bet he knows exactly what he's doing though.

Jnaledu3 said:

Nope, Saban was hyping Smith, because he wanted to trade down. When SF saw that he was getting all the action in trade talks they up'd their game to include Smith, thinking all trades starts with them. But since Miami still has the #2 pick and other teams may want certain players, Saban has to to continue his smokescreen so that he may get the deal he seeks, a trade down and more picks..it's the only way..so if Matt becomes the favor of the day for some team on thursday, then saban will hype him too. We don't want to show our hand and we want other teams who want certain players, to play their hand...it only makes sense, we generally don't get to play this game that often, we're never in the top 10, so for a change we get to play games too.

clear.gif

Lets just hope the league doesn't do this to us in return.

Back
Top Bottom