Saban Cautious On Ricky Return | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban Cautious On Ricky Return

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.finheaven.com/news/2247/

Sun-Sentinel has not posted this yet, but once they do I will change the link to the Sentinel paper.

Also by the way, baring any more news tonight, this will be my last news post until July 5th. I will be offline for a little over a week since I am going on a vacation. See you all when I get back. :)

thanks for the news nub, im going on vacation this week too! where u goin? Im goin down to destin FL.

Nublar7 said:

Sun-Sentinel has not posted this yet, but once they do I will change the link to the Sentinel paper.

Also by the way, baring any more news tonight, this will be my last news post until July 5th. I will be offline for a little over a week since I am going on a vacation. See you all when I get back. :)

Have a good vacation bro. I guess someone else will have to fill your shoes with the news posting for a week.

Nublar7 said:
Cruise that starts in LA and goes down the coast of Mexico.
Just remember to get Drunk n' Crunk. :lol: Have fun dude

Have fun man, and thx again for the awesome sig

Well on the Ricky matter, I really dont c the cons of this situation, I mean we have a solid Rb as it is right now if Ricky screws up.

Does the wince mean that he is being cautious about RW's return in terms of Ricky and the team (players will complain, he may quit again, etc)? Or is he just concerned about the media response. The two explanations quoted seem to go with the latter interpretation. He fondly recalled the results of his letting slip RW's interest in returning and he wants to make sure that it doesn't become a "circus" which could impact the "focus" of the team. His concerns are not so much about internal player politics, but the impact that media hype might have on team focus.

My hunch is that Saban, if he is as good a leader as he is cracked up to be, will have every confidence that he can control the situation from the inside, and will encourage the team not to let outside pressure get to them. The article indicates as much when it states

Saban doesn't figure Williams' return would be a distraction.

"No, but I think that it's going to be up to the team not to allow it to be (a circus) and to focus on what we need to focus on as a team to be successful," Saban said. "It only matters if we let it matter."

No real leader would allow any internal politics to develop from this situation. It would be different if there was a player actively trying to poison to the atmosphere (a Kobe type), that would be harder to deal wit. But this just requires some laying down the law of who's in charge. Saban says we give Ricky a shot till he succeeds or fall on his a$$, than thats what goes and no player would dare question him if he has done a good enough job in getting them to buy into his vision and into his person as HC and leader. [One fan pointed out that it would be surprising if he didn't consult with the team captains first to get a sense how they would handle it]. I personally think Saban is confident he can handle all that as so far he has shown some real leaderhip ability [of course we won't know for certain till the team actually starts playing]. My guess is he is much more frustrated with having to deal with crap from the media and the stress of having to pull his team away from a totally fabricated external media issue that he can't clamp down on unless he gets the right to the newspapers, television stations and radio stations down in florida.

Good night
D

Nublar7 said:

Have a good vacation man...Im sure members around here will try to keep up the pace while your gone...not as good but effecient enough! :D

dalmog said:
Does the wince mean that he is being cautious about RW's return in terms of Ricky and the team (players will complain, he may quit again, etc)? Or is he just concerned about the media response. The two explanations quoted seem to go with the latter interpretation. He fondly recalled the results of his letting slip RW's interest in returning and he wants to make sure that it doesn't become a "circus" which could impact the "focus" of the team. His concerns are not so much about internal player politics, but the impact that media hype might have on team focus.

My hunch is that Saban, if he is as good a leader as he is cracked up to be, will have every confidence that he can control the situation from the inside, and will encourage the team not to let outside pressure get to them. The article indicates as much when it states

No real leader would allow any internal politics to develop from this situation. It would be different if there was a player actively trying to poison to the atmosphere (a Kobe type), that would be harder to deal wit. But this just requires some laying down the law of who's in charge. Saban says we give Ricky a shot till he succeeds or fall on his a$$, than thats what goes and no player would dare question him if he has done a good enough job in getting them to buy into his vision and into his person as HC and leader. [One fan pointed out that it would be surprising if he didn't consult with the team captains first to get a sense how they would handle it]. I personally think Saban is confident he can handle all that as so far he has shown some real leaderhip ability [of course we won't know for certain till the team actually starts playing]. My guess is he is much more frustrated with having to deal with crap from the media and the stress of having to pull his team away from a totally fabricated external media issue that he can't clamp down on unless he gets the right to the newspapers, television stations and radio stations down in florida.

Good night
D

I think the wince was b/c Saban underestimated the level of distraction that RW is. I also think that RW is more of a danger than a Kobe Bryant type. RW has come to represent quitting. You might as well just put up a sign in the locker room that says "Quitting is OK". All of us have been in offices that have those motivational posters all over the place. Many of us disregard them as silly (at least I do), but study after study has shown that positive and negative symbols/signage affect attitude and performance. These are not conscience affects. You can't ask people how the will react. This is very difficult to control b/c it isn't out in the open. I understand the concept of recouping your investment, but sometimes you can't. You take the loss and move on.

I think the wince was for "Here we go again. I'll only have to answer THIS question about 1,000 more times."

Back
Top Bottom