Saban Comment on the 4-3 / 3-4, and on Brown/Caddy | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban Comment on the 4-3 / 3-4, and on Brown/Caddy

Da 'Fins

FinHeaven VIP
Club Member
Reaction score
"We try to deploy one 'end of the line' backer. and another player ... that can be an 'end of the line' backer ... so that we have flexibility of what we can do on defense ... even though we may be a 4-3 team, we try to deploy it out of 3-4 personnel relative to how we line up ... we've tried to explain that in terms of Jason Taylor and some other players who have been used that way in the past .. to maximize what they can do."

This is great. He will run a 4-3, but wants players on the field who give them the flexibility to move to a 3-4. What I like about this is that he is not going to be rigidly stuck to one system, but wants to be able to mix the defenses.

On the criticism (which has been levied against Brown and Caddy on this list) that Brown and Caddy had to alternate - he didn't buy into it ... "We should be talking about the ability of Tuberville to use them both and about the character of those guys to make their team successful..." Wouldn't expect him to criticize them, but, he didn't hesitate to talk about them in a very positive light.

Another great one: "There's no brother-in-laws in this draft, to me ... I don't have any brother-in-laws out there playing!" And, "These hypothetical positions that you try to put me in .. it's not ... not really good for anyone, really!"

He is awesome. He doesn't pull any punches!

I just cant wait for JT to start sacking QBs like he used to when he had Ogun opposite. Because now, he has two big boys opposite, Carter and Holiday!

I wonder sometimes what JT says into the helmet of the QB he's just flattened.. "TAG! You're it!" ?

Back
Top Bottom