Saban covets no one player | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban covets no one player

redhead

REV KEV
Reaction score
The truth is..., that he likes all of the top players and is trying to get as many good value picks as he can. At the end of draft day one Whoever is chosen will be "his choice".... He will trade down if he can get an extra pick or two of value... This is not a weak draft and he would surely know it.:wink:

thats the problem though....the rest of the NFL knows that's its not a weak draft, but a deep draft. Honestly, thats why I dont see somebody giving up a bunch of picks to trade up in the draft, when they can get somebody thats a little less polished later.

I truly believe that we're going to be forced to pick at #2. I dont believe that anybody will want to trade up for Rodgers/Smith/Edwards/Williams, etc, when they can get a Frye/Campbell/Roddy White/Troy Williamson later.

I just hope that we get something for Surtain, or we're going to have to parlay our 3rd rounder into a later one and an extra 4th rounder. If we can't trade the 2, I think Saban is going to trade down as much as possible with our 3, 4, and possibly 5th rounders

redhead said:
The truth is..., that he likes all of the top players and is trying to get as many good value picks as he can. At the end of draft day one Whoever is chosen will be "his choice".... He will trade down if he can get an extra pick or two of value... This is not a weak draft and he would surely know it.:wink:

This is not a weak draft, but the top of the draft weren't really the standouts that you normally want to pay top dollar to. The RB's and Edwards maybe worth the top dollars, but the QB's should be mid 1st round guys. Other than that, the draft shakes out like previous drafts.

I would say Mike Williams is top dollar, he did not have the chance to show it the because he was out this season.

believe there is one guy he is leaning towards and that is Braylon Edwards. there are more teams interested in him and Saban was called out at the Michigan workouts by the Michigan coach and they had a long talk. That says alot to me. It was done in front of all the coaches/scouts there.

Back
Top Bottom