Saban Denies Talking 2 Ricky | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban Denies Talking 2 Ricky

dolfreak

RoNNiE 4 MVP
Reaction score
Remember that story about two weeks back that Ricky and Saban had talked for the first time? Well that story is completely FALSE. Yesterday on Channel 10 Jimmy Cefalo asked coach Saban about Ricky and he said that he has never spoken to him. He also said that Ricky has been in India this entire time. I guess you can throw out that rumor that Ricky's coming back for now. If the coach hasn't even talked to him, and it's 2 weeks b4 the draft, expect a RB to be selected.

This was on last night's Channel 10 Sports Wrap.

was the previous thread nothing but a rumour? and does this mean that the team and ricky's agent have not spoken? or is it just another saban smokescreen ... Who knows with saban...i love this guy :)

I don't buy it....

Saban has talked to Ricky, he's even said that he has. What transpired in that phone conversation is unknown however. Saban has done his share of playing the media, and he's done very well. This is yet another case where Saban wants to control what we are lead to believe...

Why would he make a statement saying he's talked to Ricky, and then two weeks later outright deny it???....That would only make him look stupid IMO.

PHINZ RULE!!!

Im not going to believe it until someone of a greater source comes out with it. It just doesnt seem reliable enough. One source against dozens of other ones... I'll take the dozens of other greater more reliable sources.:)

I think this is related to a question Nick was asked the other day about whether he had had any more contact with Ricky since the last time they spoke. His answer was, no, they hadn't spoke and that as far as he knew Ricky was in India. I think that somewhere the wires got crossed and if the thread starter didn't actually hear a direct quote from Saban saying that he NEVER EVER spoke with Ricky, then someone has made a mistake somewhere.

dolphinsjayshaw said:
was the previous thread nothing but a rumour? and does this mean that the team and ricky's agent have not spoken? or is it just another saban smokescreen ... Who knows with saban...i love this guy :)

I think you got it right, Jay...Let's think about this...
If Saban and Ricky have spoken about coming back, I think his plan is to remain silent about it until after the draft. That leaves our options a little more open. Teams have no idea what we're really gonna do and that's good leverage for us..There would be no logical reason to announce that Rickyis coming back any time soon. It would just give away our intentions.

BringBackShula said:
I think you got it right, Jay...Let's think about this...
If Saban and Ricky have spoken about coming back, I think his plan is to remain silent about it until after the draft. That leaves our options a little more open. Teams have no idea what we're really gonna do and that's good leverage for us..There would be no logical reason to announce that Rickyis coming back any time soon. It would just give away our intentions.
The logical reason to make people think that Ricky is coming back is so that they think we haveour RB position filled and are more likely to take one of the top QBs or WRs in the draft. Which are the only two positions that any team is going to trade into the top two to get.

inFINSible said:
The logical reason to make people think that Ricky is coming back is so that they think we haveour RB position filled and are more likely to take one of the top QBs or WRs in the draft. Which are the only two positions that any team is going to trade into the top two to get.

I agree, although I think that's a pretty hard sell. Can't believe anyone would believe that we'd just count on RW as our RB. The only GM I can think of that might get suckered by that works for us!

How can the previous report be false when IT QUOTED SABAN? He said he's spoken to Ricky once and nothing new since. He said he would not comment what they spoke about and that Ricky was in india. That was QUOTED. How can you QUOTE someone if they didn't say it? They'd be libel. I doubt any sports writer would make up quotes on the local coach.

Saban may have been denying a question/rumor that he has talked to Ricky since or more recently.

islandah said:
I agree, although I think that's a pretty hard sell. Can't believe anyone would believe that we'd just count on RW as our RB. The only GM I can think of that might get suckered by that works for us!
Right, that's why I put the odds of trading down at 20%, in my threads about the odds of trading down. :D

inFINSible said:

Any GM with 2 fingers of a brain knows that Ricky can't come back until July and that with as much time between now and then, Ricky could change his mind AGAIN. Our RB position is by no way filled by Saban talking him up. We have to address the RB position in the draft no matter what. The question becomes "at what point in the draft does it happen?". Saban can cause doubt on that question without ever talking about RW.

Exactly,I think Saban would want people to think he has been talking with RW, for the sake of trading down alone.But I'm starting to think the media ,as well as us are like 3 steps behind Nick and his motives for doing or saying anything.

inFINSible said:

PHINATIC13 said:
But I'm starting to think the media ,as well as us are like 3 steps behind Nick and his motives for doing or saying anything.

This is so true. I think one of Saban's biggest assets so far is that he is gonna have everyone guessing what he's going to do. I cant wait to see some of the fun stuff he throws out for new looks on O and D. We just might finally have a few tricks up our sleeves...YAY

jimmy Cefalo? Isnt he doing the morning wheather or something?

Back
Top Bottom