Saban Denies Talking 2 Ricky | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban Denies Talking 2 Ricky

dolfan4good said:
Any GM with 2 fingers of a brain knows that Ricky can't come back until July and that with as much time between now and then, Ricky could change his mind AGAIN. Our RB position is by no way filled by Saban talking him up. We have to address the RB position in the draft no matter what. The question becomes "at what point in the draft does it happen?". Saban can cause doubt on that question without ever talking about RW.
Good point and, he can cause more doubt by throwing Ricky's name into the equation. I'm sure he's playing every hand he's got.

He must be doing something right because he's got bonafide hard core Dolphins fans thinking he may forgo our number one need with the number two pick. ;)

inFINSible said:
Good point and, he can cause more doubt by throwing Ricky's name into the equation. I'm sure he's playing every hand he's got.

He must be doing something right because he's got bonafide hard core Dolphins fans thinking he may forgo our number one need with the number two pick. ;)

Absolutely, I know I change my mind on what he's going to do everyday. It's driving me nuts!

dolfan4good said:
Absolutely, I know I change my mind on what he's going to do everyday. It's driving me nuts!
me too...:googly: :lol:

Guys stop with all this secrete Saban stuff - every NFL team tries to keep their intentions out of the public.

Miami is selecting "2" overall ok!!! so it doesnt matter if every team in the NFL knew miami wanted a RB or QB or any other postion they couldnt stop miami from drafting the player they wanted cept San Fran.

As for trade down leverage it takes two to trade and the team trying to trade up is the one who is begging so again it wouldnt matter if they know miami's intentions if they dont give miami(or any team ahead of them) what it wants for that pick, they cant get their player.

So can we please stop with this CIA Saban crap he is a football coach he isnt gaurding national security.

zodiak said:
Guys stop with all this secrete Saban stuff - every NFL team tries to keep their intentions out of the public.

Miami is selecting "2" overall ok!!! so it doesnt matter if every team in the NFL knew miami wanted a RB or QB or any other postion they couldnt stop miami from drafting the player they wanted cept San Fran.

As for trade down leverage it takes two to trade and the team trying to trade up is the one who is begging so again it wouldnt matter if they know miami's intentions if they dont give miami(or any team ahead of them) what it wants for that pick, they cant get their player.

So can we please stop with this CIA Saban crap he is a football coach he isnt gaurding national security.

Huh? Why would another team trade if they know what we are picking and it isn;t what they want. By making them THINK we want their player, they would be more inclined to trade with us.....

I'm staying away from the "secrete Saban stuff" regardless... :wink:

Guys Saban DID say he talked to Ricky a few weeks ago...he said it in an on camera interview with Steve Shapiro. He said he only spoke to him once. So I'm guessing that Saban told Cefalo that he has not had any further contact with Ricky since then.

If we are sitting here wondering what the hell is going on then just think what other teams are thinking. Saban is leading this franchise into a draft where everyone is clueless to whom he is favoring. I tell ya it feels so good not having Wanny here anymore. We once again have hope.

man, if i was nick saban, i'd throw out some wild random stories, haha that'd be awesome

inFINSible said:
The logical reason to make people think that Ricky is coming back is so that they think we haveour RB position filled and are more likely to take one of the top QBs or WRs in the draft. Which are the only two positions that any team is going to trade into the top two to get.

ON the same token, if they think we're NOT settled at RB, then they'll obviously think we're gonna take one of the top 3 Rb's. When in fact, we're straight at that position..although, we still must draft a RB for Ricky Purposes...you know.

Ricky is coming back.I spoke with him.He told me he is going to get 2000+yards this year..

BringBackShula said:
ON the same token, if they think we're NOT settled at RB, then they'll obviously think we're gonna take one of the top 3 Rb's. When in fact, we're straight at that position..although, we still must draft a RB for Ricky Purposes...you know.
What do you mean, we're straight at that position? We're comfortable with Gordon, Morris, and Minor?

If I undertsand you correctly, if other teams' thought that, there'd be no reason for them to trade up to our spot.

kingfin said:
Ricky is coming back.I spoke with him.He told me he is going to get 2000+yards this year..

:lol:Oh, cool, King..Thanks! Now I won't worry...:lol:

inFINSible said:
What do you mean, we're straight at that position? We're comfortable with Gordon, Morris, and Minor?

If I undertsand you correctly, if other teams' thought that, there'd be no reason for them to trade up to our spot.

No, what I meant was, if teams Know that Ricky is coming back, then they know that we're not gonna draft Benson, Brown, or Cadillac...We're more likely to go for a receiver or QB.
If teams think that Ricky isn't coming back, then they'll think we're Definately taking one of the big 3 RB's. Either way, teams have no idea what we're doing and works out good both ways.

Back
Top Bottom