saban/draft/Fa's | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

saban/draft/Fa's

Phinsfan-Jay

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Nick Saban seems to me like he wants to set this team up to be succesful for the long term while still keeping it simple. Kind of like the way NE does things. I mean it is fine to want big name players like TO, Bentley, Culpepper, Peterson, Wayne and Clements I am all for it, but at what exspense and how will that jepordize our teams salary cap now and in the long term. I just see Saban signing soem key players at positions we are slightly weak at, such as tackle, center, linebacker, safetys and corners, maybe even a DE to groom while Carter seems to be on the final years of his career. Key players that are not detremental to the team cap wise and can play a dominant role within the system. Im all for building this team through the draft, and signing some key FA's.

Phinsfan-Jay said:
Nick Saban seems to me like he wants to set this team up to be succesful for the long term while still keeping it simple. Kind of like the way NE does things. I mean it is fine to want big name players like TO, Bentley, Culpepper, Peterson, Wayne and Clements I am all for it, but at what exspense and how will that jepordize our teams salary cap now and in the long term. I just see Saban signing soem key players at positions we are slightly weak at, such as tackle, center, linebacker, safetys and corners, maybe even a DE to groom while Carter seems to be on the final years of his career. Key players that are not detremental to the team cap wise and can play a dominant role within the system. Im all for building this team through the draft, and signing some key FA's.

I totally agree. Some FA signings will help, but we deff need help now, and hopefully youth. Building for the present and future

Phinsfan-Jay said:

I agree with what you say, however the one name on there that I slightly disagree with is Culpepper...one thing we DESPERATLY need is a franchise QB in order to model ourselves after NE. They were lucky to have Brady fall into their laps. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure he was drafted expected to have playmaking skills, but even they (NE) did not know what they had when they drafted him.

endorphin said:
I agree with what you say, however the one name on there that I slightly disagree with is Culpepper...one thing we DESPERATLY need is a franchise QB in order to model ourselves after NE. They were lucky to have Brady fall into their laps. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure he was drafted expected to have playmaking skills, but even they (NE) did not know what they had when they drafted him.

Culpepper is not a franchise QB. He wont be anywhere near what he was before the injury. I would rather look to the draft for a franchise QB. Plus Culpepper wants alot of money, more than he is worth after last season and the injury

Dont forget that NE signed Corey Dillon 2 years ago though and Rodney Harrison a couple of years before that. If they are the right guys for the system, they are still willing to throw money at big names.

I also don't think Saban will get a bunch of high price free agents....maybe one...but he could get 2 or 3 good players....what he wants to do is built thru the draft and I'm happy about that....also, I hope our QB of the future will be drafted this year.

Ozzy rules!!

Dolfan_Noles said:
Dont forget that NE signed Corey Dillon 2 years ago though and Rodney Harrison a couple of years before that. If they are the right guys for the system, they are still willing to throw money at big names.

Don't forget about Roosevelt Colvin. He was a Huge signing after his last year with the Bears.

playmaker1 said:
Culpepper is not a franchise QB. He wont be anywhere near what he was before the injury. I would rather look to the draft for a franchise QB. Plus Culpepper wants alot of money, more than he is worth after last season and the injury

When Culepepper comes back he won't be that good, But it has nothing to do with his legs. He was horrible before the injury and I think he was only good cause he had Randy Moss. A differnce maker WR like that will make your whole team alot better.

endorphin said:

Convincing yourself we are desperate is exactly what has killed this franchise in the past. There are always options.

Back
Top Bottom