Saban: Feeley / Frerotte to Split Snaps | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban: Feeley / Frerotte to Split Snaps

I have no worry here, Saban is not Wanny. Everyone on this team will earn his spot with hard work and no crying. Anyone (and I mean anyone) who has a problem with this I,m sure Saban has something for him( like a new team). He will put the best player on the field !

Solid article. Thanks, don't get to hear much form Saban!

Look at some of the other parts:
Saban wants it known that he will select a quarterback, despite a glaring need at running back, if that's the best long-term value.
Saban said he is not interested in any available veteran receivers.
So why is Charles Lee coming in for a visit? :confused:
Surtain might stay: Saban has met with cornerback Patrick Surtain. If the Dolphins can't net a first-day draft choice in a trade, they likely will keep him for this season at $8.3 million and assign him the franchise tag in the future. Surtain wants a multiyear deal with more than $14 million guaranteed. Kansas City is amenable to those terms. But the Chiefs, also considering ex-Patriots cornerback Ty Law, are unwilling to yield anything higher than a fourth-rounder.
If Surtain now stays and we use the Franchise tag on him next year, where are we going to get the money to sign our draft picks? Somebody is going to have to get cut.

I thought the end of the article was the most interesting. Saban's not interested in adding a veteran wide receiver.

We NEED a third WR for Linehan's offense. If we can't trade out of the #2 spot I believe we'll give heavy consideration to the two WR prospects - Mike Williams and Braylon Edwards.

Nublar7 said:
Look at some of the other parts:

So why is Charles Lee coming in for a visit? :confused:
If Surtain now stays and we use the Franchise tag on him next year, where are we going to get the money to sign our draft picks? Somebody is going to have to get cut.
Yeah thats kinda a scary thought. :eek: Zach maybe?

wpgfishfan said:

To me this is great news!!! The 1st, and 2nd string Qb, no matter who, should know the offense just as much as the other. The 3rd stringer should also get reps with the first team.

Five years ago we saw an injured Jay Fiedler throw no snaps in mini camps, then in the last preseason game he throws a bunch of picks and still wins the job. Well, this sounds like Saban is not handing anyone anything.

Back
Top Bottom