Saban feeling the pressure | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban feeling the pressure

newlownorder said:
How can Saban be feeling the pressure when the season has not started and it's it 1st year.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3724204

Have you read what Fin Fans think of him even when the season has not started and its his 1st year?

Also, I agree that McNally is under pressure. Many fans have put all their hopes of a cohesive and solid OL in his hands.

I agree that Saban is under pressure. He might not feel it yet, but with what he did to the media they wont take a losing season lightly. Even if he is 7-9 this year the media will bash him. The fans might not care and might love what he is doing, but the pressure is put on by media, not fans.

Also, we have put up some pretty high expectations for him. Some people think we will have a playoff push or superbowl run already.

outtawack311 said:
I agree that Saban is under pressure. He might not feel it yet, but with what he did to the media they wont take a losing season lightly. Even if he is 7-9 this year the media will bash him. The fans might not care and might love what he is doing, but the pressure is put on by media, not fans.

Also, we have put up some pretty high expectations for him. Some people think we will have a playoff push or superbowl run already.

Yeah, but I always believe that every year no matter what your team has a chance to make the palyoffs no matter what the odds. Do I think they will make a playoff push? No. Do I hope and pray that we will? Yes.

What Head Coach in the NFL isn't under pressure to produce? We were 4-12 last season guys I think Nick can improve on that this year with no problem.And as for the media sure it's not a great idea to alienate them right off the bat, but I for one really like Saban's "take charge" attitude.

BillsChamps2oo5 said:
Have you read what Fin Fans think of him even when the season has not started and its his 1st year?

Also, I agree that McNally is under pressure. Many fans have put all their hopes of a cohesive and solid OL in his hands.

Uhhh, DW was our HC for the last five years the fans would be ecstatic if R.Kotite (sarcasim for the bill fans) was the new HC. Whats your problem anyways?? You want this site to be filled with doom and gloom??? Dream on, you are going to be fun to focus on when PJ's looking for some help from everywhere, problem is...there won't be any.

PHINATIC13 said:
What Head Coach in the NFL isn't under pressure to produce? We were 4-12 last season guys I think Nick can improve on that this year with no problem.And as for the media sure it's not a great idea to alienate them right off the bat, but I for one really like Saban's "take charge" attitude.

Good call I agree with phinatic13. Great post.

PHINATIC13 said:

Thank you, of course he is under pressure. In fact the article should never of been written. Everyone knows which coach is under pressure. He is the coach who is coaching in the NFL

Funny how they didn't put GOD....errrr....Belichick on the list. He did lose his Defensive and Offensive coordinators right???? He's also taking up a NEW job as the offensive coordinator.

This guy HAS GOTTA be feeling some pressure.

I'm not saying this as a Dolphins' homer, but that was clearly one of the most off base things written so far about our new head coach so far this offseason. The article was written about coaches on the hot seat this coming season. But, I ask you how can Saban be on the hot seat when he hasn't even coached a single game yet? The only reason he was put on this list was because he isn't friendly with the media. What does that have to do with his coaching ability? Nothing at all. I don't blame Nick for his media policy, he doesn't want distractions while trying to rebuild a team that went 4-12 and so far I support everything he has done.

Did anyone else notice that the title of the article is "AFC assistant coaches under pressure" and that Nick Saban is the lone head coach they have put in there?

Another thing. That blurb was written by Jason Cole in his Miami Dolphins update for Fox Sports not too long ago. They just cut it out of his update, and put it in with this article.

It's possible that they told all of their team correspondents to name one assistant coach that is under a lot of pressure, because they were automatically going to cut those sections from every single correspondent's update and make a big article out of it. And, that dumb@ss Jason Cole didn't follow the damn directions, he took the easy (and cheap) way out, putting Saban as the guy under pressure and taking a cheap shot at his media policies.

And so begins the war between the local media and Nick Saban. The media is already trying to get the readers on their side.

The assistant coach under the most pressure, to me, is Hudson Houck. The man was dubbed a saviour when he was brought to town. He can supposedly walk on water, turn water into wine, and turn chicken **** into chicken salad. The offensive line last year was the worst in the league, bar none. And, instead of going out in FA and the draft and getting Houck some talent to build on, they kept just about everyone from the OL last year, and handed him Stockar McDougle (not exactly a top tier free agent) and Damion Cook...and drafted Anthony Alabi in what, the 6th round? And, when asked about all this, Saban pointed to Houck's skill as an OL coach.

We really are EXPECTING a miracle out of the dude, and I think that may go down as a mistake. He's definitely the assistant that has the most pressure. He got paid big time, was handed a bowl of ****, and everyone is expecting him to turn it into ambrosia.

feelthepain said:
Uhhh, DW was our HC for the last five years the fans would be ecstatic if R.Kotite (sarcasim for the bill fans) was the new HC. Whats your problem anyways?? You want this site to be filled with doom and gloom??? Dream on, you are going to be fun to focus on when PJ's looking for some help from everywhere, problem is...there won't be any.

Who wants to read doom and gloom! I hate it. Even on your site.

Just be real.

ckparrothead said:
Did anyone else notice that the title of the article is "AFC assistant coaches under pressure" and that Nick Saban is the lone head coach they have put in there?

Another thing. That blurb was written by Jason Cole in his Miami Dolphins update for Fox Sports not too long ago. They just cut it out of his update, and put it in with this article.

It's possible that they told all of their team correspondents to name one assistant coach that is under a lot of pressure, because they were automatically going to cut those sections from every single correspondent's update and make a big article out of it. And, that dumb@ss Jason Cole didn't follow the damn directions, he took the easy (and cheap) way out, putting Saban as the guy under pressure and taking a cheap shot at his media policies.

And so begins the war between the local media and Nick Saban. The media is already trying to get the readers on their side.

The assistant coach under the most pressure, to me, is Hudson Houck. The man was dubbed a saviour when he was brought to town. He can supposedly walk on water, turn water into wine, and turn chicken **** into chicken salad. The offensive line last year was the worst in the league, bar none. And, instead of going out in FA and the draft and getting Houck some talent to build on, they kept just about everyone from the OL last year, and handed him Stockar McDougle (not exactly a top tier free agent) and Damion Cook...and drafted Anthony Alabi in what, the 6th round? And, when asked about all this, Saban pointed to Houck's skill as an OL coach.

We really are EXPECTING a miracle out of the dude, and I think that may go down as a mistake. He's definitely the assistant that has the most pressure. He got paid big time, was handed a bowl of ****, and everyone is expecting him to turn it into ambrosia.

If memory serves me right Miami also had the youngest offensive line in the league. If not the youngest definatly top 3.

I am not expecting a miracle. I am expecting him to do his damn job. Minus a top notch Left Tackle there was no reason for the line to be that bad last year.

I'd be pissed if Saban didn't care. Damn it is time to have a coach with feeling and know what he needs to get done to stay on top of things. Helll Wanny lived in a box and didn't know what the hell was going on and too worried about being the nice guy.

Really Saban was handed a lump of crap and is great this team back to where he knows we need to be. With him getting the best coaches he could to help him out we are already light years from where we were last season. We are in for a lot of fun this year and I can't wait to see how much these guys learn and are excited to be out on the field. God some games last year I took naps in because they were playing with no heart midway through the season.

Once Wanny was gone the old Dolphins started showing up. That was for Bates with basically the same Asst. Coaches. Now we have real coaches that want to teach and know what they are doing. Can't wait.

Thats just the press taking a pot-shot. Saban is in good graces now and he has at least this year as a honeymoon period if not more.

Back
Top Bottom