Saban gambles. I love it. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban gambles. I love it.

kingfin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
He took Ronnie Brown.People say he is a back-up runner in collage..Then we take Crowder with his bad knee,s.No hieght Roth.and to top it off Daniels .He picked off 1 ball in 2004.but i really think they are going to be good football players..Saban can have a gamble that paid off big.If it all works out.

I don't think RB or ROTH are gambles....Channing maybe??? Kay Jay maybe...but they all have done pretty well and seem to be healthy and ready for 2005. I like what Saban has done.....and not too many "reaches." Berlin might be the only reach.

RB was not a gamble. He wasn't a backup either.

I think you are really underestimating these guys. None of them are gambles other than Crowder and that is because of injuries.

Im sure Saban didnt look at these players as gambles... he has seen them play and knows what they are capable of.

DonShula84 said:
I think you are really underestimating these guys. None of them are gambles other than Crowder and that is because of injuries.
They said it at the draft.They say it in papers.Ronnie was a back-up.Stop trying to think he wasn,t.C.Williams got over 70 carries more then ronnie.Dont give me that split carry bull crap.

kingfin said:
They said it at the draft.They say it in papers.Ronnie was a back-up.Stop trying to think he wasn,t.C.Williams got over 70 carries more then ronnie.Dont give me that split carry bull crap.

70 carries isnt a lot and I didnt say anything about RB being a backup. I said he wasnt a gamble. If he was a gamble, and if all these players were gambles as you see it, then we wouldnt of gotten such high draft grades from the "experts". And no one mentioned during the draft that they were surprised that Brown was the first RB taken, it was expected because most people thought he was best back. It isnt a gamble to take the best RB available :shakeno:

kingfin said:
guess you dont read to much papers.

Guess you didn't read the article that said he wasn't a backup. He was on the field at the same time as Caddy. Papers aren't always right.

DonShula84 said:
70 carries isnt a lot and I didnt say anything about RB being a backup. I said he wasnt a gamble. If he was a gamble, and if all these players were gambles as you see it, then we wouldnt of gotten such high draft grades from the "experts". And no one mentioned during the draft that they were surprised that Brown was the first RB taken, it was expected because most people thought he was best back. It isnt a gamble to take the best RB available :shakeno:
70 carry is like 2 more football games.Man thats alot

kingfin said:
He wasn't a back-up. You quit trying to think he was!! Show me a back-up anywhere that gets over 15 carries a game?

LtDan662002 said:
He wasn't a back-up. You quit trying to think he was!! Show me a back-up anywhere that gets over 15 carries a game?
Lamont Jordan. New york jets.Will you call him a starter

kingfin said:
70 carry is like 2 more football games.Man thats alot

70 is not a lot. Some examples:

Edge 334 carries/ D. Rhodes 53 carries/ Difference=281 carries

Rudi Johnson 361 Carries/ Back-up 26 Carries/ Difference= 335 Carries

C. Martin 371 Carries/ Jordan 93 Carries/ Difference=278 Carries

70 carries difference IS NOT a difference between starter and back-up, it is the difference between 2 guys sharing carries. Now back up your argument!!!!

Back
Top Bottom