Saban Got Tremendous Value on Roth | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban Got Tremendous Value on Roth

Great pick. I loved this kid in college.

Hawthorne at 4 if we deem him draftable..... Mcpherson or Walter here would be tremendous , but Blackstock or Greene or Eric Green cb or Channing Crowder if we feel his knees et all are ok .... and there still is Elton Brown who COULD be the best guard in this draft ..... last real chance to trade down too.... tick tick tick .........

What about Browner? Tall, long arms, I think Saban likes that in CBs.

I think possible we go after Greene because of the run on QBs Frye and Walter, might not think Greene will slip to round 4.

Great selection. 2 great picks.[/QUOTE]

I hope you're correct! I have read up, and I have to agree. I am quite excited about the picks thus far, and I know that I usually am, for what that's worth.
Thanks for all the background on the players, Boomer.
~~Holli

This was a great, great pick. A 22-32 1st rounder on a lot of boards, he is a great pick-up - remember, he had 2 years at LB at Iowa, can play LB or end, and is a high charcter, 110% guy, real quick, tough and ultra aggressive. Like Pollack, he;s our Mike Vrabel.

Great selection. 2 great picks.

Just was looking at some old posts regarding Roth. Everyone said the same thing about him that they are saying about Chris Long. Lets not make the same mistake twice. We need to go with the LT Jake Long. Chris long is more athletic and has a famous dad. Other than that, he is Mott Roth's clone.

Just was looking at some old posts regarding Roth. Everyone said the same thing about him that they are saying about Chris Long. Lets not make the same mistake twice. We need to go with the LT Jake Long. Chris long is more athletic and has a famous dad. Other than that, he is Mott Roth's clone.

I've been as critical as anyone of Roth. I never saw much in him, especially to be considered a 1st rounder by some, thats ridiculous. However, the comparisons with Chris Long are even more ridiculous they are both white, have similar size, and thats where the comparisons end. Anyone thats seen them both play a few times can clearly see a major difference.

I am very disappointed in Roth as of this past season.

I think it is safe to say that the Saban drafts were just as bad as the Wanny drafts, for the 2 years Nicky was around. Lets hope Cams drafts are halfway better than Sabans..

Back
Top Bottom