Saban inherited a 4-12 team ! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban inherited a 4-12 team !

We as fans over inflate expectations.

CL, he did inherit a 4-12 team. Thats a fact. And they played soft, they quit. They were a despicable bunch.

But other coaches have taken over 4-12 and 3-13 teams and won their division in one year.

The expectations are not over-inflated. If one coach can take a 3-13 and win a division the next year, I think its fair to say that Saban could take a 4-12 team and AT LEAST compete for a wildcard in his second year.

No one is holding a Super Bowl standard for Saban. Hell, if he won 10 games this year and missed the playoffs, I'd understand. But he didn't even win as many games this year as he did last year.

I don't have emotional attachments to the Fins players, coaches, alum, etc. I don't fall in love with players or records. I don't care about the perfect season, Shula's wins, Marino's passing records. My favorite "All-time" Dolphins are always the ones on the current team (or not). If we are building towards a winner, I support that. If we are not building towards a winner, I support changing those in charge.

Its not personal with Saban. He just hasn't made progress like I think he should and how others in his similar situation have.

Well he took a 4-12 team and went 9-7. I guess its safe to expect playoffs the following year. But that didn't happen.

I think CL means that he inheirited a mess that would take a while to clean up.

I don't have emotional attachments to the Fins players, coaches, alum, etc. I don't fall in love with players or records. I don't care about the perfect season, Shula's wins, Marino's passing records. My favorite "All-time" Dolphins are always the ones on the current team (or not). If we are building towards a winner, I support that. If we are not building towards a winner, I support changing those in charge.

So you root for a uniform?

QUOTE]

So you root for a uniform?

If i was rooting for a uni, it wouldnt be the Phins uniform.

tell that to the jets and bills Capt. Lou.

Saban rolled the dice with Culpepper, and lost. If we had a healthy CP we would be looking at a different season. Or if we had started Harrington from week 1 we would be playoff bound. We need patience around here. The Bills have had patience with Losman, and it's paying off. He is going to end up being a solid qb IMO. Rome wasn't built in a day. Only 1 team a year wins it all, and this year clearly isn't our year. I believe Saban will get it turned around. We need more continuity going into next year, and we will have that. So lets kick some Jet butt, and enjoy our designated holidays.

If Saban truly believed that he inherited a 4-12 team, then what kept him from starting an immediate rebuild in his first season?? Fact is, Saban didn't see it that way, he thought we could contend with pretty much the same team we had....

He made very few roster adjustments in his first year, and that's not something a coach does when he thinks he's inherited a 4-12 team in my opinion.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Saban rolled the dice with Culpepper, and lost. If we had a healthy CP we would be looking at a different season. Or if we had started Harrington from week 1 we would be playoff bound. We need patience around here. The Bills have had patience with Losman, and it's paying off. He is going to end up being a solid qb IMO. Rome wasn't built in a day. Only 1 team a year wins it all, and this year clearly isn't our year. I believe Saban will get it turned around. We need more continuity going into next year, and we will have that. So lets kick some Jet butt, and enjoy our designated holidays.

He rolled the dice with Culp but hung himself with Moolarkey. Your D has gotten better while your O has regressed and will continue to do so. MM is not an OC you want coachng your team in the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom