Saban is better than the the other NCAA elite | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban is better than the the other NCAA elite

mattgilm

Island Dolphin
Reaction score
Saban will do better than other "Hot Shot" NCAA coaches; in the NFL because of his past experience; on the Browns staff ; under Belichick. IMO he will turn the Dolphins around and continue drafting quality player who will help the Fins win. I think that some of the players he has picked up are being used as hole patch's until next season but the players he has aquired are quality player with skill. I feel he has done a good job so far. Waiting for training camp.....:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

Butch Davis was with the cowboys in the 90's and he flopped
Steve spurriur was an assistant in the NFL and he flopped
pete carrol was an assistant and he flopped.

godfater21 said:

those other ones didn't have the #1 defense in the nfl or helped make the system that the patriots are winning behind

Spurrier was never an assistant in the NFL. Davis also was never a coordinator. He was just a d-line coach. Carroll did a poor job of drafting. Caroll is the closest comparison. Hopefully, Saban can avoid his mistakes.

rafael said:
Spurrier was never an assistant in the NFL. Davis also was never a coordinator. He was just a d-line coach. Carroll did a poor job of drafting. Caroll is the closest comparison. Hopefully, Saban can avoid his mistakes.

butch davis: and six seasons at Dallas (where he coached the defensive line and served as defensive coordinator for the Cowboys Super Bowl teams).

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=149&p=8&c=1&nid=497688

Butch WAS a coordinator. Spurrier was a USFL head coach not NFL assistant. i was thinking of Lou Holtz with the jets so your right on that one.

In all fairness though Butch fell in with the Jimmy tree and we allllllll know how Jimmy's boys ended up :rolleyes:

godfater21 said:

No offense, but whats with your negative responses towards people who have confidence in Saban? Sure there's some who take it too far with their blind faith but most just feel encouraged because of the great moves he's made so far and his past experience as a DC in the league. You are rooting for him right? Cause its starting to seem like you've got something against Saban.

VanDolPhan said:
In all fairness though Butch fell in with the Jimmy tree and we allllllll know how Jimmy's boys ended up :rolleyes:

...you mean you consider Wannstedt a failure?!;)

MadLib said:
No offense, but whats with your negative responses towards people who have confidence in Saban? Sure there's some who take it too far with their blind faith but most just feel encouraged because of the great moves he's made so far and his past experience as a DC in the league. You are rooting for him right? Cause its starting to seem like you've got something against Saban.

Yes i want to see him do good and i hope his draft picks pan out. but damn i'm sick of all these people basically saying its a gaurantee that he'll do great and people putting ronnie brown in the H.O.F. fact is right now Saban has done nothing as a head coach in the NFL and his draft picks and FA signees have done nothing for the dolphins. i prefer to wait and see how things go before i'm going to call him a genius or a great coach.

godfater21 said:
fact is right now Saban has done nothing as a head coach in the NFL and his draft picks and FA signees have done nothing for the dolphins.

:rolleyes: Ok, you realize this is his FIRST year don't you? "his draft picks and FA signees have done nothing for the Dolphins"? Um, you again do realize they haven't played a GAME yet don't you? How about you let them play before you say they've done nothing? I think the fact that the rumors are that several GM's around the league are impressed with what he's done so far is a good sign..

fishfan34 said:
:rolleyes: Ok, you realize this is his FIRST year don't you? "his draft picks and FA signees have done nothing for the Dolphins"? Um, you again do realize they haven't played a GAME yet don't you? How about you let them play before you say they've done nothing? I think the fact that the rumors are that several GM's around the league are impressed with what he's done so far is a good sign..
That is what the man is saying. I know what he means. Everyone is acting like every move he makes is better than sliced bread. With wanny all picks was just plain horrible now the opposite with Saban. All picks and pickups are gold. lol.

ricky williams said:
those other ones didn't have the #1 defense in the nfl or helped make the system that the patriots are winning behind

Saban doesn't have the #1 D either so what's your point?

nyjunc said:
Saban doesn't have the #1 D either so what's your point?

hmm let me get this straight. The players on defense were the ones that kept almost every game close last year. we probably dont have a #1 D but we certainly have a better D# than the Redskins or the Browns.

Besides that I think Spurriur failed because he didnt really had a plan. There was to much "fun-football"

Miamilove20 said:
hmm let me get this straight. The players on defense were the ones that kept almost every game close last year. we probably dont have a #1 D but we certainly have a better D# than the Redskins or the Browns.

Besides that I think Spurriur failed because he didnt really had a plan. There was to much "fun-football"

Don't let last year fool you, teams were not afraid of your O so they played more conservatively not to turn it over and lose that way. We were the exact same way in '95, our D kept us in games and we thought we had a great, young D and didn't address it in '96 and we were even worse. You have players and should have a good D but you aren't near the top anymore.

Back
Top Bottom