Saban is playing poker with nfl teams | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban is playing poker with nfl teams

I am sick of these Saban is bluffing post's....why does he need to bluff

Losman7 said:
Saban may or may not be a good coach, that remains to be seen.

But his "genius poker skills" are getting blown out of proportion. What GM in the league who has the second pick is gonna tell the other 31 teams who they are drafting? What GM isn't gonna explore all the options? What GM isn't gonna try an move down if the player they really want is gonna be available a few picks later?

I know you guys are excited but what Saban is doing is pretty run-of-the-mill so far.

You may or may not be right. But after having Wanny run things for the last 5 years it DOES feel like Saban ia a genius for his "run-of-the-mill" tactics.

pigskinguy said:
You may or may not be right. But after having Wanny run things for the last 5 years it DOES feel like Saban ia a genius for his "run-of-the-mill" tactics.

He is definatly an upgrade over Wanny, or so it seems. It just sounds like, from some of the posts here, the man has already turned the #2 pick into two firsts and two 2nds and lead you to 3 consecutive Super Bowls already.

I just feel that unless you make the playoffs alot of you finfans are gonna be severely let down by Saban, and I think they may be shooting a little high.

Losman7 said:
He is definatly an upgrade over Wanny, or so it seems. It just sounds like, from some of the posts here, the man has already turned the #2 pick into two firsts and two 2nds and lead you to 3 consecutive Super Bowls already.

I just feel that unless you make the playoffs alot of you finfans are gonna be severely let down by Saban, and I think they may be shooting a little high.

Yeah not all of us walk around with Aqua and Orange glasses though. I will be happy to see progress this season. 8-8 would be nice, but to me, not even mandatory. There ia alot of turnover happening this offseason, both player-wise and system-wise, so I would be surprised if we make the playoffs.
As long as we show progress I will be happy.

Back
Top Bottom