Saban is playing poker with nfl teams | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban is playing poker with nfl teams

dominizzo

CAMERON EARTH WAKE
Reaction score
woow wat a great coach saban is, hes makin everybody panic by him saying hes taking smith. wat a bluffer, he should play in the texas hold em tourneys. Saban where were u 5 years ago when we needed u most. i like it make tampa trade with us so we can get additional picks i love it

What is he's not bluffing? Will you still be saying he's a great coach if we draft Smith?

I agree it's all about posturing and he's doing a great job at it.

DrAstroZoom said:
What is he's not bluffing? Will you still be saying he's a great coach if we draft Smith?
:D

Besides, that would be GM moves. Has nothing to do w/ being a coach. What happens on the field is what defines a coach.

dominizzo said:
woow wat a great coach saban is, hes makin everybody panic by him saying hes taking smith. wat a bluffer, he should play in the texas hold em tourneys. Saban where were u 5 years ago when we needed u most. i like it make tampa trade with us so we can get additional picks i love it
And I'm lovin it.

He is showing good GM skills. He is causing teams to scramble. Tampa isn't the only one. Noone knows what Saban is really thinking. And it seems to be working very well to this point.

How can this have nothing to do with saban? He has full control of personel according to Wayne, even with rick as GM hes not the head hancho by any means. Anyways, the statments which are stirring things up are coming straight from Saban(hes not allowing it any other way lol). Anyways, about saban, hes doing a great job and the draft hasnt even come yet so lets hope he continues on this path. I wasnt upset with Wanny before his first season started either, but the good thing is there is alot of big differences between Nick Saban and Wanny. I doubt hes bluffing, but more like hes trying to check raise the pot before he drops his big hand. Hes spent alot of time with Alex Smith and if you look Ronnie Brown, Saban hasnt seemed all that interested. Saban saying hes going by the chart basically says that hes not gonna get the dolphins screwed over no matter what he does.

1st 2nd and 3rd rounders would be pretty big considering we will probably also get KC's 2nd rounder. Things are looking good and honestly if the other nfl teams shy away from saban and dont deal, then we still end up with most likely the best QB out of the draft and would be a good fit for the future of the dolphins. I think the biggest ? will be if Saban and the other guys in the dolphins front office can pick the special Running Back that will be available later on. History shows its alot easier to find that RB than a QB later on, and Id rather have somone like Saban at the wheel because of his first hand knowlage of alot of the guys coming into the nfl this year.

He didn't say it had nothing to do with Saban, he said his bluffing and such had to do with Saban as a GM/Personnel man, not Saban as a coach. What Saban does with X's and O's and game day decisions and adjustments will show what his coaching abilities are, what he does with Trades, Drafts, and Free Agents will tell us what he does as a GM. That's all that Justasportsfan was pointing out. I agree with him. There are two Nick Saban's we have to judge and so far, I'm liking the GM. Also, everyone is talking like the Bucs deal is done, and it's NOT, in fact, the local radio stations here aren't even acknowledging any such trade up. They are acting dumb as if they bucs are staying pat at number 5 and picking Mike Williams or Caddy. If they do pull the trigger, great, if they don't, i'm happy with Edwards, Brown, or Smith at the #2 pick.

:cooldude: Man am I loving this coach Saban has people guessing, unlike Wanny who always was a bad at telling his information. I like being under the radar I beleive that the 2005 Dolphins will be a good team I say we win more games than people expect.

Justasportsfan said:
:D

Besides, that would be GM moves. Has nothing to do w/ being a coach. What happens on the field is what defines a coach.
you are right, but he is also our GM so he is off to a good start.

Seriously though, he is doing an amazing job. He sat there waiting nicely for the teams to offer trades for the number two, and now he pretty much said "Fine, you dont want to help me out, then I'll put your balls in a vice and draft Smith". Now suddenly teams that had banked on getting an opportunity of getting a QB like Cleveland and the Bucs are screwed and will trade us their grandmothers. GENIUS!

Saban may or may not be a good coach, that remains to be seen.

But his "genius poker skills" are getting blown out of proportion. What GM in the league who has the second pick is gonna tell the other 31 teams who they are drafting? What GM isn't gonna explore all the options? What GM isn't gonna try an move down if the player they really want is gonna be available a few picks later?

I know you guys are excited but what Saban is doing is pretty run-of-the-mill so far.

He is doing a good job, but it helps that we have so many holes on our team that we are able to bluff about getting someone.

Back
Top Bottom