Saban looks to next year (doesn't sound like he's leaving) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban looks to next year (doesn't sound like he's leaving)

I am beginning to think more and more that Alabama is definately out to hire a coach in the NFL- but it isnt Saban.

Its the only thing that makes sense. Saban has continually denied interest and even said " Im not going to be the Alabama coach."

How could he turn around and take the Alabama job after saying that? Being a college coach again, he would be going into recruits houses and explain to the kid's parents on why their son should go to his school. Being a flat out liar isnt going to make his job any easier.

My guess is their are waiting for somebody else in the league to finish their season.

After going through what we did with Coach Fran, I almost feel sorry for you guys.

Saban is coming to bama. He has his staff hired and has told WH. This is from a prominent member of Saban's current staff. He's been contacting coaches around the country to gauge their interest for awhile now. Steele at FSU, Stroud formerly at NC State, Clements at Green Bay. Time to accept reality. He is not happy in the NFL.

It's done. Y'all should really be discussing your next coach. This is silly.

note. the 10 year $57m is a bogus rumor. Alabama law requires state employees to have a max of a 7 yr contract.

saddamdenyjc1-1.jpg

After going through what we did with Coach Fran, I almost feel sorry for you guys.

Saban is coming to bama. He has his staff hired and has told WH. This is from a prominent member of Saban's current staff. He's been contacting coaches around the country to gauge their interest for awhile now. Steele at FSU, Stroud formerly at NC State, Clements at Green Bay. Time to accept reality. He is not happy in the NFL.

note. the 10 year $57m is a bogus rumor. Alabama law requires state employees to have a max of a 7 yr contract.

Who is this prominent member? Yep, it's a done deal... If this were true, Wayne would have fired him IMO. How do you know he is not happy in the NFL? Did he tell you?

That is silly...

Reading this, I'm glad Alabama lost to OSU.

I am beginning to think more and more that Alabama is definately out to hire a coach in the NFL- but it isnt Saban.

Its the only thing that makes sense. Saban has continually denied interest and even said " Im not going to be the Alabama coach."

How could he turn around and take the Alabama job after saying that? Being a college coach again, he would be going into recruits houses and explain to the kid's parents on why their son should go to his school. Being a flat out liar isnt going to make his job any easier.

My guess is their are waiting for somebody else in the league to finish their season.

My best guess at this point is Jim Mora jr.

For Saban to leave now he would have to value the additional money (he doesn't need, according to him) over his reputation and his own personal opinion of his behavior. My read is that he doesn't value the money that much.

Alabama will end up signing Jim Fassell or Jim Mora Jr. as their head coach because Saban will be back with the Fins next year.

Here are my reasons why Saban will stay:

1. Alabama looks like a psychotic ex-girlfriend that refuses to acknowledge that you are not seeing her anymore. She calls every day, puts ads in the paper, sends death threats to your current girlfriends, and tells your friends that you are still seeing each other and you didn't tell them because you wanna let things lay low for a while.

2. Saban may not have a chance to come back to the NFL. Think about it: after your second season, you leave and go back to college. Your chances of returning to the NFL at that point are diminished. Run back to college at the first sign of trouble in the pros, and that is a burned down bridge.

I think it would be hilarious if Saban plays out the rest of his contract, then in a few years goes on to coach Auburn. :D

I am still not convinced. Those are very vague statements.

Which means you dont know one way or the other. I would bet anyone here that Saban is staying. I cant afford to bet much currently however.

Here are my reasons why Saban will stay:

1. Alabama looks like a psychotic ex-girlfriend that refuses to acknowledge that you are not seeing her anymore. She calls every day, puts ads in the paper, sends death threats to your current girlfriends, and tells your friends that you are still seeing each other and you didn't tell them because you wanna let things lay low for a while.

2. Saban may not have a chance to come back to the NFL. Think about it: after your second season, you leave and go back to college. Your chances of returning to the NFL at that point are diminished. Run back to college at the first sign of trouble in the pros, and that is a burned down bridge.

I think it would be hilarious if Saban plays out the rest of his contract, then in a few years goes on to coach Auburn. :D

My reasoning is that it is just a stupid move that will make the rest of the world lose respect for a guy who just keeps moving around all the time with one championship in college(shared none-the-less) to show for it.

The only positive I see is by the time Saban turns down their final offer, is that Bama will have wasted a lot of time without finding a coach and better than that, other good coaches will look twice before accepting any offer from Bama. Serves Bama right.

you need the get a life first, second just hope that Bama find a coach, since nobody wants to come there.......

Thanks CELT.

Now maybe people will stop freaking out over rumors and other reporters. We got the info from the man himself.

SABAN is not going anywhere!!!!!

Thanks CELT.

Now maybe people will stop freaking out over rumors and other reporters. We got the info from the man himself.

SABAN is not going anywhere!!!!!

Nah, bro

Conspiracy theories are much more fun to talk about. Facts won't dissuade this altered reality.

This post begs the question as to what the tide keeps rolling

Back
Top Bottom