Saban looks to next year (doesn't sound like he's leaving) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban looks to next year (doesn't sound like he's leaving)

Celtkin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Generally speaking, future suicide victims don't plan for tomorrow activities and head coaches planning to leave for Alabama don't plan for next year :wink:

[Miami Herald] Nick Saban hasn't had much fun coaching the Dolphins this season.

But in admitting that Thursday, he also made a reference to fixing the problems next year, seemingly offering a sign of his intentions to stay in Miami.

''Has this year been fun for me? Let me just say this, it's never fun to lose. I don't think anybody has fun when you don't win,'' said Saban, who has suffered his first losing season in 13 years as a head coach.

But despite his disdain for losing, Saban said he likes his team and looks forward to improving it next season.

''Yeah, I like the players,'' Saban said. “We're not satisfied or pleased with the results that we've always gotten. I think . . . we're looking forward to what we need to do to improve this team.''

Thanks for stating the facts from the man himself and not 30,000 reporters from Alabama speculating. I swear by how they make it out to be im gonna change my name to Nick Saban and see if they offer me the job.

Thanks for the link Celtkin. I guess we just have to wait until Sunday night to see what unfolds; If Bama's really gonna offer him all that cash.

I think there oughta be a sticky where everyone simply says yes or no to Saban leaving.

That might make for some interesting chat :D

I am still not convinced. Those are very vague statements.

Wow, I'm glad about Nick's "seemingly positive sign of his intentions of staying". Now we can rip this guy for the bunch of Mularkey he's given us!

After going through what we did with Coach Fran, I almost feel sorry for you guys.

Saban is coming to bama. He has his staff hired and has told WH. This is from a prominent member of Saban's current staff. He's been contacting coaches around the country to gauge their interest for awhile now. Steele at FSU, Stroud formerly at NC State, Clements at Green Bay. Time to accept reality. He is not happy in the NFL.

It's done. Y'all should really be discussing your next coach. This is silly.

note. the 10 year $57m is a bogus rumor. Alabama law requires state employees to have a max of a 7 yr contract.

There was also a quote when asked how he plans on doing that and he said " I have an idea but I am not ready to get into that right now" Could this mean that Mularkey is going to be fired? I seriously hope so!

After going through what we did with Coach Fran, I almost feel sorry for you guys.

Saban is coming to bama. He has his staff hired and has told WH. This is from a prominent member of Saban's current staff. He's been contacting coaches around the country to gauge their interest for awhile now. Steele at FSU, Stroud formerly at NC State, Clements at Green Bay. Time to accept reality. He is not happy in the NFL.

note. the 10 year $57m is a bogus rumor. Alabama law requires state employees to have a max of a 7 yr contract.

:rolleyes2 :rolleyes2 :rolleyes2 :rolleyes2 :rolleyes2 :rolleyes2 :rolleyes2 :rolleyes2 :rolleyes2
Put the ouija board down and hand over that joint sir!!!!

I don't think its a done deal with the TIDE. I

Do think they will make another run at him though.

IMO it's comes down to being able to read people. My read on Saban says there is no way he's leaving. I think the people who claim he is leaving have no clue how to read people. It'll will be interesting to see who's right. It may well be that I find out I have no clue how to read people.

Bama will without question make an offer to Saban. I would be disappointed if they didnt. With that said, I think Saban turns it down OFFICIALLY.

Unfortunately, for some reason, people have a hard time hearing Saban. It will take Bama introducing their new Head Coach for the Saban stuff to die.

Im in the camp it will NOT be Saban. He is an NFL coach and has stated that long before he joined the Dolphins.

FWIW

Saban will be staying with the Dolphins he isn't going anywhere and Bama needs to get that through their heads.

Anyone else see from that write-up that Fred Evans could be activated Sunday?

If he is, then my interest and excitement for this game just rose. It's all about the future folks!!

Back
Top Bottom