Saban misused talent/youth | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban misused talent/youth

PHINishinStrong

Starter
Reaction score
Now that this New article on Manny Wright just came up. It seemed to me Saban never had confidence in his young players. Never gave them a chance. The only real players he gave a chance to the first year coming in were Travis Daniels because TD knew Sabans system and Ronnie Brown because he was forced to play without Ricky in the Lineup.

I think he mishandled the Young talent we had on our roster and to me he never really coached the team in practice. He just simply worked with the secondary and let the other million coaches we had handle the rest of the team.

On another note. Saban never had the balls to bench a guy when he was having a bad game ala Chris Chambers. That guy had the worst year of his career and dropped many critical long passes his way. when people are having that bad a year you dont throw there way. Thats why Booker was thrown to so damn much. I still think Chambers is a good player but he needs to play with some desire and aggresiveness. He should have bench him to light a fire under his arse. Same goes with McMichael.

How many touches did Darian Barnes have this year? i believe 0. This kid was a decent in preseason when he got the ball. Always got postitive yards. Why not Go for it on 4 and 1 and hand him the ball straight ahead. No Why? No Confidence.

Sorry For another Saban thread. As much as all of you are tired of reading them as i am I just had to add my point to hating this man futhermore...

I saw this coming a mile away.

Yeah it was quite evident that Wright never got along with Saban. Obviously the kid has some talent is he was taken in the supplemental draft.

I also wanted to say I love your sig man. Short and simple, but oh so true!

I AGREE, Wright has potential and we all saw some of it last year. Now as far as ALLEN, I am not going to argue with the pick but with the reason why SABAN tried to make him a Safety/Cornerback. You dont waste a first round pick on a player to be versatly, that is what backups are for we draft a CB to be a CB and Safety to be a Safety and etc. So if Allen is a CB put him solely at cornerback and vice versa.

Yet another reason why I do not think Saban had this team going in the right direction. He simply did not develop his young players. His indecisiveness would have killed Miami in the longterm.

Back
Top Bottom