Saban: No compromise on Surtain price/No Ricky update | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban: No compromise on Surtain price/No Ricky update

"If I did talk to him, it would be confidential so I wouldn't tell you what we talked about," Saban said. "But I can tell you he's in India and I haven't talked to him. So I don't have any new information."

first Australia, now India . . . what`s next? . .Mozambique?

There is no way Nick Saban is going to fail. People always talk about the college coach to NFL transition and that they always suck...there is no doubt in my mind Saban is one of the best coaches in the NFL in a couple of years. I see a nice turn-around this year as he did with LSU, he turned them around from a losing season and I believe at the end of 05 we will be 9-7 or so. The next year we will be a force to be reckoned, thats for sure. He says that we arent going to turn around and start winning championships right away..but we are definately capable of having a winning season, we dont lack alot of talent, we dont have alot of holes. Once Saban brings the team together and pushes them to the limit we will see results in Week 1. I'm not saying were going to the superbowl next year...haha unlikely. I think we will see a NEW Miami Dolphins football team though thats for sure, a new attitude.

DolphinDevil28 said:
Not right now or anytime soon. For the people out of state, I'm going to mail the papers about 6 days before the draft. You send one back with your picks and the ten dollars.

It's gonna be really fun.

...and it's the first round. Picks 1-32.

Im interested. If there is room for someone else, let me know.

I like the quote on how we're not going to compromise. I think it's great that Saban is going to hold his ground and get what he believes Surtain is worth.

MelbournePhin said:
i get the feeling that some of you guys would marry saban if you had the chance :)

Do you think I have a shot? :booty:

Thx for the post. Kudos to Saban for stating what had to be said regarding Surtain. I was getting annoyed with the people here speculating that we would have dumped Surtain for a 3rd rounder. I will still be upset for if we get rid of him for anything other than a high 2nd rounder but I would've gone ballistic if we dealt him for a 4th rounder

MelbournePhin said:
i get the feeling that some of you guys would marry saban if you had the chance :)

Well, I he's got nice hair, and I like his earning potential, but -
"I like big butts and I can not lie
You other brothers can't deny
That when a girl walks in with an itty bitty waste
And a round thing in your face......"
:D

Celtkin said:
Thanks Nublar. Great summary.

I never doubted that Saban would be in control of the Surtain trade and not be bullied or run scared to accept less than what is reasonable. It's refreshing to have our draft in the hands of someone who is not likely to be fooled or taken advantage.

I like Saban's vision of the team:

Dolphins football is going to fun again!

AMEN

Back
Top Bottom