Saban on Matt Jones | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban on Matt Jones

During an interview (in a nutshell) Tom Donahoe kept praising Matt Jones the WR/TE...said that the Bills and the scouts really like him alot, he thinks that he will be gone by the end of round 2.

I don't trust TD though. He likes playing poker.

Why would you guys pick him? your WR corps its REALLY talented and Jones cant cut it as a blocker to be TE IMO, you guys be would stupid by picking him.

Eric Crouch refused to change positions as far as I remember. He remained steadfast in his theory that he is a QB.

I am all for getting Matt Jones.

caneaddict said:
Eric Crouch refused to change positions as far as I remember. He remained steadfast in his theory that he is a QB.

I am all for getting Matt Jones.

he tried to play WR and safety... i dont understand again why anyone would draft a project player in the 2-3 rounds.. waste.... if we got him in the later rounds and we had extra picks...maybe...

otherwise why???

Drew Bennet its another example of a succesfull QB converting to WR.

Eric-Gofins said:
he tried to play WR and safety... i dont understand again why anyone would draft a project player in the 2-3 rounds.. waste.... if we got him in the later rounds and we had extra picks...maybe...

otherwise why???

Tried. He wasn't too enthused about it.

Why? Because he's the best pure athlete in the draft, and he's not going to be there in the later rounds. Why not?

Joey 22 said:
Why would you guys pick him? your WR corps its REALLY talented and Jones cant cut it as a blocker to be TE IMO, you guys be would stupid by picking him.
why did Donohoe pick Willis, Evans? He's always been the type of guy who picks the best player available instead of need.

Who are you sitting? Not Moulds, not Reed, not Evans sitting Reed would be stupid he is good and sitting Jones would be wasting the pick, you are not picking him the McGahee thingn its different Henry fumbled a lot that was reason enough to draft McGahee.

Joey 22 said:
Who are you sitting? Not Moulds, not Reed, not Evans sitting Reed would be stupid he is good and sitting Jones would be wasting the pick, you are not picking him the McGahee thingn its different Henry fumbled a lot that was reason enough to draft McGahee.
TE. Both our TE's had knee sugery before/after the season ended. although they said they may be ready by camp, we all thought JP's broken leg was gonna take 1 month as initial reports came out. This could be Reeds last year if he doesn't have a break out year. One things for sure, he will never be a top no. 2 guy in the league but could be a great no. 3 . Some bills fans want him gone. I think he'll have a better year. When teams figured out how to play Drew, our wr's look worse than they really were.
Although I think Moulds will have a better year w/ a different qb., he isn't getting any younger and will cost us a lot in the future salary cap.

Jones is amazing. He was awesome at U of A. It would be a coup if we got him.

stop the Drew Bennett comparisons PLEASE!!!!! I know he's good (Bennett) but MAtt Jones is a physical specimen as well. 6'6" 4.37 is UNBELIEVABLE !! He might not be the best player in the draft but he's definitely the best prospect. You look at those times and measurements and your jaw opens. If we have a 3rd he's a bargain.

Justasportsfan said:
why did Donohoe pick Willis, Evans? He's always been the type of guy who picks the best player available instead of need.

yeah, and thank God the days of Wanny picking for need are gone.

Saban will take the best available players at every pick we have, rather than worrying about need

Back
Top Bottom