Saban on Matt Jones | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban on Matt Jones

If Jones somehow sneaks into the 3rd round, I think Saban will take him.

Did he have a game last year that went into alot of overtimes? If thats the guy he had a great game. I wouldn't mind him being drafted by the fins in the later rounds

Cannonboy said:
Did he have a game last year that went into alot of overtimes? If thats the guy he had a great game. I wouldn't mind him being drafted by the fins in the later rounds

Not one, but two, in his career at Arkansas. He beat Eli Manning's Ole Miss Rebels in a 7 OT game and won another 7 OT game against Kentucky, the longest game in NCAA football history.

Matt Jones will go in the second round

There is no way we will get Jones unless we get a high second round pick. ESPN did a side by side comparison of Matt and Mike Williams. Guess who is faster in the 40, accelerates faster, taller, and has better hands?

Jones will be drafted in the early second round, possibly even the first round.

TouchDown said:
There is no way we will get Jones unless we get a high second round pick. ESPN did a side by side comparison of Matt and Mike Williams. Guess who is faster in the 40, accelerates faster, taller, and has better hands?

How did they measure who has better hands? We can turn on game film and see Mikes great hands, we cant do that for Jones. Also route running is extremely important and Jones cant touch Willaims there.

If your a Matt Jones supporter..... are you drafting him as QB or WR...

again as a Gator and SEC fan.... in college this guy was all guts and a playmaker..

but again if you want him a QB..fine.. but if your arguing to have him switch to WR.. ...he didnt play that position in college and he may have the talent to do it..but not at NFL level.... see Eric Crouch....

As QB he had to learn all the routes of all of his WRs while like a WR only has to learn his plus he is getting all hyped as a WR but I think he could easily handle being a 3rd string QB and save a roster spot and some cap hit, dude this kid can block for himself, make the throw and catch it himself :roflmao: I like him a lot he has good hands the agility that takes running precise routes the only ?? for him as a WR would be if he can concentrate and catch a clutch ball.

Eric-Gofins said:

again as a Gator and SEC fan.... in college this guy was all guts and a playmaker..

but again if you want him a QB..fine.. but if your arguing to have him switch to WR.. ...he didnt play that position in college and he may have the talent to do it..but not at NFL level.... see Eric Crouch....

no NFL is looking at him to play QB that I know of

Eric-Gofins said:

See Drew Bennett. Eric Crouch didn't show the same willingness and desire to adapt that Jones has.

No way do we draft him as a QB. He's got a questionable shoulder and can make some poor decisions (Texas game among them)

Back
Top Bottom