Saban one of the most hated coaches on espn | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban one of the most hated coaches on espn

A.C.

You Know Me
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/sportsnation/ratings

he's tied for 4th

And guess what, i dont approve on some of his moves too...

He just needs a decent offensive coordinater
He needs to improve his GM skills (or is Randy Mueller still doing that?)
he cant lose half the season in the beginning of the season and make this "comeback"

but dont get me wrong he's done some things right.... some

Just got to give the man time to work his magic. He came to a team with salary cap issues, and very little talent from the past 8-9 drafts. He can only do as well has the talent around him. With the salary cap these days, you just can't dump 50 guys and start over.

steveincolorado said:
Just got to give the man time to work his magic. He came to a team with salary cap issues, and very little talent from the past 8-9 drafts. He can only do as well has the talent around him. With the salary cap these days, you just can't dump 50 guys and start over.
its been 2 years now and he dumped some decent players last year, PLUS didnt the NFL give us PLENTY of salary cap room?

please mangini, he has a QB and a last place schedule, they wont win five games next year

ZOD said:
Wow! Is this rocket science?

The coaches who won this week have high approval.

The coaches who lost this week have low approval.
Yeah no s**t, this doesn't mean he's hated at all.

ZOD said:
Wow! Is this rocket science?

The coaches who won this week have high approval.

The coaches who lost this week have low approval.
u gotta look at it altogether and you'll see the difference

A.C. said:
its been 2 years now and he dumped some decent players last year

Who?

A.C. said:
PLUS didnt the NFL give us PLENTY of salary cap room?

Yeah! They gave all of them PLENTY of cap room. Should we have gotten into a bidding war with the Redskins for the superbowl MVP or something?

A.C. said:
its been 2 years now and he dumped some decent players last year, PLUS didnt the NFL give us PLENTY of salary cap room?

Yes, the league gave us some cap room, but they also gave everybody more cap room. The players he's dumped really haven't made a huge difference. Sure Patrick Surtain would have been nice to keep, but with what he is making in KC, and what our cap was, he wasn't worth it. It may take two more years to get this team turned around.
This offseason will be the first one that Saban can really do anything in FA.

ZOD said:
Who?

Yeah! They gave all of them PLENTY of cap room. Should we have gotten into a bidding war with the Redskins for the superbowl MVP or something?

who?
Lance Shulters, Gus Ferrote, Rosenfels, Seau (even as injury prone he was still decent) Reggie Howard, Kiwaukee Thomas, and the ones we couldve signed were Deke Cooper and Fred Beasley

Second question
No but i still think we couldve gotten better players wit that money then compared to what we have now

A.C. said:
who?
Lance Shulters, Gus Ferrote, Rosenfels, Seau (even as injury prone he was still decent) Reggie Howard, Kiwaukee Thomas, and the ones we couldve signed were Deke Cooper and Fred Beasley

I don't get it... Is this an Inside The NFL's "Where are they now?" segment? Or are you trying to tell me we miss these bums?

A.C. said:
No but i still think we couldve gotten better players wit that money then compared to what we have now

Translation: Spend money for the sake of spending money.

Apart from last seasons rally, and this seasons mini-rally what has Saban done here exactly?

He started both seasons terribly, and while both were finished better I dont get whats so special about him?

A.C. said:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/sportsnation/ratings

he's tied for 4th

And guess what, i dont approve on some of his moves too...

He just needs a decent offensive coordinater
He needs to improve his GM skills (or is Randy Mueller still doing that?)
he cant lose half the season in the beginning of the season and make this "comeback"

but dont get me wrong he's done some things right.... some

Saban has final say on ALL personnel moves.

2-1 to start the season last year and beating Denver and Carolina was a pretty good start. Then came the bye week.

DevinM said:
Apart from last seasons rally, and this seasons mini-rally what has Saban done here exactly?

He has reduced a salary cap that had 55% of it dedicated to 13 players on defense. Will that hurt short term? Sure....

DevinM said:
He started both seasons terribly, and while both were finished better I dont get whats so special about him?

When did you learn something in a classroom? Did you learn at the beginning of the class? Or did you learn at the middle-late in the class? Or did you learn at all?

Back
Top Bottom