Saban Proving to be the MAN for the Job | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban Proving to be the MAN for the Job

Da 'Fins

FinHeaven VIP
Club Member
Reaction score
Saban's tough stance on trading down and on trading Surtain is a breath of fresh air. He is clearly showing himself to be a man of principle and toughness.

While speculation and innuendo were rampant about Surtain and why Saban was trading him or how little Saban might take for him, it is clear that Saban is not interested in just trading Surtain. But, given the salary cap structures and the Dolphins money issues, he is allowing Surtain to seek a trade. Yet, clearly he is not going to balk on his demands.

The same appears to be true with respect to trading down. He would like to do so, but he's not going to be bullied by other teams. I think Saban is earning respect around the league that even though he's a rookie coach and is coming from college, he's not going to be manipulated by more experienced GM's. This is a good thing for the Dolphins. It is also a tremendous breath of fresh air after the last few years.

My confidence in Nick was already pretty high - just b/c I was going to give him the benefit of the doubt for a couple of years - but now it is growing.

Agree with ya Fins. Though I think the NFL Coaches and Execs already knew he was a quality guy - its the fans that he needs to win over. And while most fans jumped on the bandwagon immediately, there were still quite a few people who will doubt him until he proves them wrong. And his hardline negotation tactics (surtain, draft, etc) has certainly helped him in that regard.

Well he hasn't coached one game for us but I was on that band-wagon! His reputation proceeds him. He's been a winner! That's what he does there is no reason to believe he won't do that here. I don't think the fans here understand what it means for Saban to be here. He only took this job because he believed he could turn this team into a winner. 1) Because of the talent already here. 2) The owner is not Jerry Jones, or Daniel Schnider but an owner that lets his coach work......which is why Wanny failed miserably!!! We have a coach that has unlimited potential and it looks like we are headed in the right direction. I say sit back and enjoy the ride because this is something you won't see twice in your lifetime.

I love how he gives us a strong voice in the NFL compared to Wanny and Spielman last year. Last year teams were thinking we were a pushover and they could bring the price of everything down to suit them and Wanny and Rick would conform to it. Now we have someone who doesn't budge, will stand their ground and have some self respect for the organisation.

Kinda get the feeling with Saban that failing is not an option. Feels like a Belichick and not a Norv Turner.

feelthepain said:
Well he hasn't coached one game for us but I was on that band-wagon! His reputation proceeds him. He's been a winner! That's what he does there is no reason to believe he won't do that here. I don't think the fans here understand what it means for Saban to be here. He only took this job because he believed he could turn this team into a winner. 1) Because of the talent already here. 2) The owner is not Jerry Jones, or Daniel Schnider but an owner that lets his coach work......which is why Wanny failed miserably!!! We have a coach that has unlimited potential and it looks like we are headed in the right direction. I say sit back and enjoy the ride because this is something you won't see twice in your lifetime.

Agreed. As someone else noted - he's more like Belichick than Norv Turner (ugh!).

He also reminds me of a younger Shula. Let's hope he has similar success and will be here for a long time.

Back
Top Bottom