Saban really doesnt seem to have alot of faith in Feeley | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban really doesnt seem to have alot of faith in Feeley

sports24/7

Bleeder of Aqua and Orange
Reaction score
In the article about Ricky coming back in the Sun-Sentinel Saban is quoted as saying the QB position will go to whoever plays the best, but that Frerotte has a little bit of an advantage. From what I have seen it really doesnt seem like he has alot of faith in Feeley by things he said and his interest in Alex Smith. Making this an open competition really seems like Frerotte would be the guy considering Feeley struggled to learn a new system last year, and is not known as a good practice player. Now all of you Feeley supporters don't jump all over me. I hope Feeley wins the job and does great, but to me it doesnt look promising.

Good.

The time for having faith in players is over. This team is turning over a new leaf. Produce or see somebody else take your job.

I'll be happy if AJ wins, but I'll be fine with Gus winning if that's the way it works out. The same goes for pretty much every battle we're sure to see in camp.

Well this reminds me of when we had Wanny and he brought Fiedler in. And Huard was supposed to be the guy to replace Dan. Wanny thought Fiedler was ahead of Huard . When Huard had been with us for a couple of years and knew offense and even won games in place of Danny.

marinotoclayton said:
Well this reminds me of when we had Wanny and he brought Fiedler in. And Huard was supposed to be the guy to replace Dan. Wanny thought Fiedler was ahead of Huard . When Huard had been with us for a couple of years and knew offense and even won games in place of Danny.

Isn't this basically the opposite situation? Unlike Wanny, Saban is suggesting the guy ahead is probably the guy familiar with the offense.

sorry fellas.

i directed my stoner pal there to the proper **** talking forum.

ahem, now gimmie 10 laps and hit the showers!

Jimmy James said:
Good.

The time for having faith in players is over. This team is turning over a new leaf. Produce or see somebody else take your job.

I'll be happy if AJ wins, but I'll be fine with Gus winning if that's the way it works out. The same goes for pretty much every battle we're sure to see in camp.
To me it doesn't seem like Feeley will have much of a chance, or at least will be at a big disadvantage. And we all know what kind of a QB Frerotte is, and having him as our starting QB is not that exciting.

sports24/7 said:
To me it doesn't seem like Feeley will have much of a chance, or at least will be at a big disadvantage. And we all know what kind of a QB Frerotte is, and having him as our starting QB is not that exciting.

Adventure? Excitement? A Dolphins fan craves not these things. ;)

If Feeley can't beat out Frerotte given the amount of time he'll have to learn the O and execute it, he doesn't deserve the job. I'm absolutely at peace with that. It's a rational plan on the part of Saban if you ask me.

And here we go again; another qb debate thread. It had almost been like 7 or 8 hrs.

Well i vote for gus in case you cant tell.

Do you really think he was that interested in Alex Smith? The Smith and Edwards talk all seemed like a big smokescreen to keep other teams guessing at what we might do (which was a refreshing change). Then again, if Smith fell to #2 who knows if he woulda passed on him. I'm pulling for Feeley because he is younger and a long term answer to QB where as Gus would have a few years at best. I also think Feeley has some great leadership qualities about him. But as JimmyJames said, I think the time of 'produce or see someone take your job' is upon us and it's a good thing.

There could be good things about Gus winning the job. He'd be a decent caretaker and mentor to somebody like Brees, Rivers, or Ramsey. As many as 2 of those 3 may be available for a pretty decent price next year.

sports24/7 said:
In the article about Ricky coming back in the Sun-Sentinel Saban is quoted as saying the QB position will go to whoever plays the best, but that Frerotte has a little bit of an advantage. From what I have seen it really doesnt seem like he has alot of faith in Feeley by things he said and his interest in Alex Smith. Making this an open competition really seems like Frerotte would be the guy considering Feeley struggled to learn a new system last year, and is not known as a good practice player. Now all of you Feeley supporters don't jump all over me. I hope Feeley wins the job and does great, but to me it doesnt look promising.

It's not a Faith thing. He will start whoever is better. Gus has a slight advantage of knowing the offensive sceme. With hard work Feeley can make up that difference.

Feeley struggled to learn the system we had last year? What System? It was a joke and Feeley knew it was. The old call a play and run it no matter what is just bad.

Whoever wins the QB battle will have earned it, that's the way it should be. Start the best player you can, thats how you win.

Its on AJ to show he has made the difference, hope he is watching a lot of tape.

sports24/7 said:

Ya never know..Frerotte did pretty good in Linehan's system subbing for Culpepper. Maybe with the right group he can be a solid QB. Is he worse than Fiedler? I'd take Frerotte over Fiedler...and Fiedler won a lot of games. So maybe Gus will do well. If he beats out Feeley, then he deserves a shot. I'm a loooong time Dolphin fan and I don't like to see them lose, but being true to the truth---this year is a "tryout" year for a lot of players on this team. The groundwork is being laid for a Superbowl run and I'm liking what I've seen so far. Saban gets two thumbs up!!

Many of you guys will disagree with me but I really hope Nick doesn't WASTE too much time making this thing an open competition. He need to make his decision quickly and let that guy take most of the snaps in camp. A long drawn out open competition will only be detrimantal to either QB's chemistry with our offensive players. Feeley and Frerotte are probably so close there is no need to waste valuable time.

Back
Top Bottom