Saban should start showing love for Williams at #5 to get a Minnesota/SD trade. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban should start showing love for Williams at #5 to get a Minnesota/SD trade.

caneaddict

Pro Bowler
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
OK, Saban is smart. He showed interest in everyone so he could find out what other teams value. By causing concern that we might take Smith, he forced TB to negotiate with us and not Cleveland (likewise if Cleveland wants Smith, they'll need to trade with us).

Now, assuming we trade down with TB. We can look at the board and see there's a good chance one of the top 2 WR's will be there. So we need to bring them BOTH in (let the news "leak" out). Show VERY high interest. Then, we can trade down with Minnesota or SD and pick up some extra picks. If we trade down with Minnesota we would still get the same RB we could get at #5 because neither Minnesota or Tennessee would take a RB. So start showing high interest in both receivers just in case the TB trade goes down (which is starting to look likely).

Mike Williams becomes a distinct possibility if we go down to #5, but for us.

The Vikings have as good as selected Troy Williamson, and I don't think the Chargers really want a WR that bad, especially as Clayton will probably be around at #12.

If Saban is content with taking Williams then fine. But, if we are going to go RB then we may as well trade down with Minnesota (even if we only get a 4th or 5th rounder in return) because they will take Williams and Tennessee has Chris Brown so we would still get our guy at #7.

I think we should just worry about trading down to 5, before we worry about possibly trading down again.

I think you are assuming way too much. So why assume some more? what good is it? It only will drive you bonkers when we draft..........

DonShula84 said:
I think we should just worry about trading down to 5, before we worry about possibly trading down again.

Actually we don't have to worry about it at all. We don't actually have any influence (thank god). I'm sure Saban is doing his best to negotiate with Tampa and I'm sure that deal won't happen until draft day (if it does). It would be pretty hard to show high interest in a player on draft day. So, Saban should start laying the foundation now (just in case the deal goes down). That way, if the trade goes down, we can call Minnesota/SD and be credible with our threat to take Williams.

I posted this earlier today:

I Love SABAN.....I DO believe SMITH is a Smokescreen. I think Saban wants TB to trade up 3 spots for Smith, which then might cause a DOMINO effect making Minnesotta trade up with the Fins new #5 pick and giving us their #7. Remember the Vikings got rid of Moss to get that #7 and take one of the big 2 WR's.....well as time went on Braylon and Mike have been moving up the draft boards and neither of them might get past #6 to the Titans. Hopefully we make everyone in the top 10 nervous and we use it to our advantage. At #7 we can still find one of the 3 RB's, maybe a top WR,Possibly The BEST Defensive player, or worst case scenario the best OL on the board. That doesn't seem so bad, right?
Hey, remember that the Vikings these past two years have been the joke of the draft. Remember that they were LATE turning in the name of the player they want for 2 straight years, making them move further down in the draft. They can easily get Nervous that one of the big 2 WR's will fall off the board before either of them gets to #7. The Vikings NEED a WR, and if we end up with that 5th pick and there's only one WR left MINNY will need to pull the trigger.
I dont have a problem with #7....as long as we're in the top 10 we're good. And don't forget all the 2nd rounders and 3rd rounders we've accumulated if we do those trades with TB and Minny.

finsnchips said:

The Vikings have as good as selected Troy Williamson, and I don't think the Chargers really want a WR that bad, especially as Clayton will probably be around at #12.

Williamson is going to be a huge stretch for the Vikes at #7. I see their need for WR but I don't think they can make that big of a stretch when a guy like Mark Clayton or Roddy White will still be around at #18. I think if Minn. is really serious about drafting a WR, they will move up to select one of the top 2 WRs. Now I'm not saying that it will be with us, but if they want a WR, it will get done.

If he comes to us, why not take him ourself?
He might be the best WR in the draft. A bargain at #5.

caneaddict said:
OK, Saban is smart. He showed interest in everyone so he could find out what other teams value. By causing concern that we might take Smith, he forced TB to negotiate with us and not Cleveland (likewise if Cleveland wants Smith, they'll need to trade with us).

Now, assuming we trade down with TB. We can look at the board and see there's a good chance one of the top 2 WR's will be there. So we need to bring them BOTH in (let the news "leak" out). Show VERY high interest. Then, we can trade down with Minnesota or SD and pick up some extra picks. If we trade down with Minnesota we would still get the same RB we could get at #5 because neither Minnesota or Tennessee would take a RB. So start showing high interest in both receivers just in case the TB trade goes down (which is starting to look likely).

And on the other hand, perhaps Williams or Edwards is Saban's targeted guy at #2 and that is why nothing about our interest in them has "leaked" out ??

Just a thought.

finsnchips said:

kinda reminds me of last year...detroit took roy williams who i for sure thought was gonna fall down to jacksonville and it forced them to take reggie williams early and lee evans was taken by buffalo early and so on

caneaddict said:

If Saban pulls the double fakeout, he is the MAN. :cooldude:

Back
Top Bottom