Saban Speculation Thread Part 1 (merged 9,999x) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban Speculation Thread Part 1 (merged 9,999x)

Will Saban take the offer from Alabama??

• Yes, the pressures of the NFL/ lure of a huge contract is too much to pass up

Votes: 136 49.8%
  • No. Saban will honor his contract with Miami and see this through one way or the other

Votes: 137 50.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
im just saying this but if saban was to ditch the dolphins for bama he would never again be able to show his face in miami

I hope he stays, but there are tons of examples of coaches saying they are not interested in a coaching job and then taking it.

Quickest example I could find is when Tommy Tuberville was asked if he was leaving Ole Mi$$ for Auburn this was his quote: "The only way I'm leaving Ole Miss is in a pine box" 36 hrs later he is at the podium at Auburn.

Not saying its going to happen, and I do think that Saban would never get another NFL job and lose all credibility, but its not out of the ordinary for a coach to lie.

I remember Bill Parcells vehemently denying interest in the Cowboys job while he was in the broadcast business. He claims him and Jerry Jones were just having cordial meetings. Next thing we know, he's introduced as their HC. In this business, lying seems very common

If he was hearing this wouldn't you think he would call into the ESPN studio and tell everybody the breaking news and not just people who have insider on ESPN's website so I will only believe it if he actually does leave.

Another reason I think he will be back is because he told Wayne Huizanga that he isn't going anywhere and I can not see him lying to Wayne who he has a lot of respect for.

Personally I don't think Saban is going anywhere. But to say Saban would ruin any type of reputation in the NFL is wrong.

If he does go to 'Bama and turn that school around within a few years, does anyone here actually think that another NFL team won't try to recruit him again. Lets face it, whether it's right or wrong time heels all wounds.

I'm trying to figure out why so many people are surprised that this could be true. If Saban has come to the conclusion that he is better suited for the college level, finds it more enjoyable, and will be compensated as well as it is being reported, then it shouldn't be a shock. I'm not sure what will happen. But I'm prepared to see him go if that's how it turns out. I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Personally I don't think Saban is going anywhere. But to say Saban would ruin any type of reputation in the NFL is wrong.

If he does go to 'Bama and turn that school around within a few years, does anyone here actually think that another NFL team won't try to recruit him again. Lets face it, whether it's right or wrong time heels all wounds.

Yes, but I personally doubt any other NFL team would be willing to attempt to make a long term investment in him considering how he left a half-decent Miami team high and dry

If he leaves I think Miami will be waiting even longer for a playoff berth because of the change of coaches and those coaches will want to bring their players in.

Yes, but I personally doubt any other NFL team would be willing to attempt to make a long term investment in him considering how he left a half-decent Miami team high and dry

Very true. I can't imagine a team putting trust in him again (not for a looong time) assuming this turns out to be true.

We'll see.....

I wonder if one of his sources is a MM who is feeling the wrath of Saban over offensive ineptitude? See I can make baseless speculation too......

If he leaves I think Miami will be waiting even longer for a playoff berth because of the change of coaches and those coaches will want to bring their players in.
Cross your fingers for Ken Whisenhunt! I like Saban, and I want him to stay. With that said, if he leaves, we should go after Ken Whisenhunt. He will rebuild this offense.

Yeah, this team seems to have gone through a lot of change
since Shula retired...
Since "95" we have had three coaches, a bunch of different
Offensive and Defensive Co-ordinators and God knows how many
failed QB experiments...
I personaly would like for Saban to give this one more year..

Saban didn't do this to LSU, but he did it to Michigan State before going to LSU. I love Nick Saban as a football coach, and his quirky comments are entertaining and everything, but it would not shock me to see him abandon a team again.

What more does Saban have to do? I heard his exact quote on the radio:

"I will not be the next coach of Alabama" "What mored do I more do I have to say?" "I have no interest in going anywhere".

I think this is all BS. Where does all of this information come from?

No friggin kidding. Enough of Saban going here and there!:tantrum:

Back
Top Bottom