Saban Speculation Thread Part 1 (merged 9,999x) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban Speculation Thread Part 1 (merged 9,999x)

Will Saban take the offer from Alabama??

• Yes, the pressures of the NFL/ lure of a huge contract is too much to pass up

Votes: 136 49.8%
  • No. Saban will honor his contract with Miami and see this through one way or the other

Votes: 137 50.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
lets face it ,saben love's to teach.he's looking at pete out at usc,and how happy he is,and asking himself what the hell did i get into.but then again saben never looked happy on the sideline's at lsu either.maybe he would enjoy the nfl game more if he called the plays?hell- he controls nothing during the game,maybe timeouts.he has always given complete contol to his asst calling the plays.i've been a fan dam near all my life ,35 years worth. if he wants to leave big deal.f him.with 2 to 3 good draft picks,and 2-3 free agents,we will be in great shape.go and get cam camerion out in charger land.i dont care what happens, i'm just over hearing about it.we will be fine with or without saben.plus we will never have to be in flux,becouse are offensive cord has a good couple of years.then leaves to be a head coach somewhere else.i'm a saben fan,but if he wants to leave,see ya.

Saban would completely DESTROY any and all of the reputation he ever had if he leaves to Bama now.. Not only would he be considered a failure in the NFL, he would look like a liar and a hypocrite.. For these reasons alone, I cannot see him going...

If he does, he better damn well hope he becomes the next Bear Bryant in Alabama, because he will NEVER get another job in the NFL ever again...

Not to mention that he would end up owing Wayne Rickylike $$, if Wayne decides to play hardball.:dolphins:

It's also about time Wayne has his lawyer call Alabama and discuss tortious interference with a contract.....

Not to mention that he would end up owing Wayne Rickylike $$, if Wayne decides to play hardball.:dolphins:

It's also about time Wayne has his lawyer call Alabama and discuss tortious interference with a contract.....
:confused::rolleyes2:shakeno:

You know, the current assistants and their wives are spilling the beans on this whole thing. It's hard to stay under cover with some of the things they are doing. Maybe their just hedging their bets, but from the looks of things, he's not staying.

Very true. I can't imagine a team putting trust in him again (not for a looong time) assuming this turns out to be true.

We'll see.....

Like when the 10 year contract is over and Saban will be in his 60's and retire a rich man?

57 million and climbing. Don't be surprised before it's all said and done they'll offer up to 60million.......jeez, not for nothing but I would leave the NFL asap and goto 'Bama and live large. As for his NFL reputation, with close to 60million in his pocket to you think he would care for 2 seconds?? I certainly wouldn't.

If he doesn't care about the money then he'll stay but if he wants to live a "little" more luxurious he's as good as gone.

Pretty simple if you ask me.

Jeremy Green: I am hearing very strong that he is going from two people on his staff in Miami. I don't think Alabama has interviewd anyone for 2-weeks. He has told people it is his dream job and they would make him the highest paid coach in college football. If it is truly his dream job, I don't see how he could pass that up.

Yeah, except Saban's staff and assistants are not allowed to talk to the media. Nice try Jeremy.

I'm sensing a conspiracy theory. Saban was ticked off at Bama for firing Mike Shula, said outright that they shouldn't have done it...of course Don Shula is really ticked off about the whole thing and Huizenga is too. Bama won't let the thing drop and so I can't help but wonder if they're floating rumors that its a dream job for Saban and that he's really thinking of taking it...just to sort of make it hurt all the worse when he says a big fat N-O!

I dunno, I sensed a lot of frustration that the story keeps going and it's OBVIOUS that Bama keeps creating the story. I wouldn't rule out Saban and Co. pulling a screwjob on Mal Moore and Co.

Yeah, except Saban's staff and assistants are not allowed to talk to the media. Nice try Jeremy.

HAHAHAHAHA, do you honestly think that assistants wouldn't talk? There is a reason the guy didnt name the assistants. Whats Saban gonna do? Fine them? :lol:

No, I don't think they would talk. They took the job knowing they couldn't talk, if they did they would risk being fired, and would have no motivation to do it to begin with. Your internet moniker is quite ironic considering your belief in such an insecurity driven rumor. I giggled.

Saban would completely DESTROY any and all of the reputation he ever had if he leaves to Bama now.. Not only would he be considered a failure in the NFL, he would look like a liar and a hypocrite.. For these reasons alone, I cannot see him going...

If he does, he better damn well hope he becomes the next Bear Bryant in Alabama, because he will NEVER get another job in the NFL ever again...
And furthermore, when it's time to recruit other SEC coaches will use his lack of commitment against him to steal all the good High School players.

the guys a proven college coach, if he goes back he will be treated like a god.
he hasnt proven that he can build or produce a pro playoff team.its a lot more work.
there is no loyalty in the NFL so to think that he would stay for that reason is dumb. hes no different than spurrier. great college coach but hasnt done anything in the pros. dont tell me that spurrier isnt happier in SC.

Back
Top Bottom