Saban Speculation Thread Part 1 (merged 9,999x) | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban Speculation Thread Part 1 (merged 9,999x)

Will Saban take the offer from Alabama??

• Yes, the pressures of the NFL/ lure of a huge contract is too much to pass up

Votes: 136 49.8%
  • No. Saban will honor his contract with Miami and see this through one way or the other

Votes: 137 50.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
First...the things he did at LSU, aside from the on-field accomplishments, are what should have kept him at LSU if college was where his heart is. He had built a multi million dollar athletic facility that is second to none in the country. A lot of professional facilties leave a lot to be desired compared to the palace this guy put up in the 5 years he was at LSU. It was nearing completion when he left for the Dolphins. If he wanted to enjoy his legacy he would have stayed right here.

Second...unless his family is unhappy where they are now don't look for him to uproot again. It was hard enough on them in 2004. Kids that are school age don't want to pack up and leave friends and schools every 2 years. Although his son is out now his daughter is only 15 or so.

Third...when he left LSU he NEVER stated he absolutly was not going to Miami. He always said he wasn't intereseted "at this time". Take "I am NOT going to be the coach at Alabama" however you feel it fits into his personality as being straight forward or deceitful. I prefer to think he is beint sincere.

This isnt news, this is opinions. Who the hell is Jeramy Green, anyway?

:lol:

That was my first thought as well.

Just because some guy is a coach's son he's an NFL insider getting info from the Phins staff?

A lot of people are trying to jump on the bandwagon on this story in hopes of being able to play the "I told you so and now I'm a bona fide expert" card IF it were to happen.

We'll see how many of these guys have reliable sources or if they are talking right out of their arse.

ESPN.com insider chat with Jeremy Green. This is a complete copy and paste. :

Mike (San Diego): JG, what are the odds on Saban taking the 'Bama job?

Jeremy Green: I am hearing very strong that he is going from two people on his staff in Miami. I don't think Alabama has interviewd anyone for 2-weeks. He has told people it is his dream job and they would make him the highest paid coach in college football. If it is truly his dream job, I don't see how he could pass that up.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=14106

I think he will stay, but who the hell knows, I want this to be over with.

Well, personally, I hope he goes!!

An over confident college coach doesn't make a successful professional coach. College players has much more to play for than pro players (shot at the NFL) so of course he's going to get the best recruits and have a winning program. Guys that has already made it are not going to come down and put up with his Totalitarian personality.

It's too much drama surrounding the Dolphins. I would rather have Jon Gruden.

How about the rumor that has coach Nick Saban bolting for the University of Alabama after Miami's season finale Sunday in Indianapolis?

Saban has reiterated that he is not interested in coaching Alabama. Huizenga said he has spoken with Saban several times since the university began showing interest -- and is convinced Saban is staying.

''If he didn't stay, it would be huge news to me,'' Huizenga said.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/16350200.htm

I know that I read somewhere that Saban said he was NOT going to be the coach at Alabama.....let me see if I can find that quote....

How about the rumor that has coach Nick Saban bolting for the University of Alabama after Miami's season finale Sunday in Indianapolis?

Saban has reiterated that he is not interested in coaching Alabama. Huizenga said he has spoken with Saban several times since the university began showing interest -- and is convinced Saban is staying.

''If he didn't stay, it would be huge news to me,'' Huizenga said.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/16350200.htm

Its a sad state of affairs when some fans will not take categorical statements at face value.

It seems we are awash with conspiracy theorists.

The media used to held accountable for promulgating false rumors.Today all we get is the media regurgitating the same false rumors with no accountability.When this story finally goes away after Saban refuses the offer....again the press will be reporting that they were right but that Saban changed his mind at the last minute or some other baseless rationalized reason.

PFT type of speculation has become the norm in the legitimate press today.

Good Morning,bro.

I hope he stays, but there are tons of examples of coaches saying they are not interested in a coaching job and then taking it.

Quickest example I could find is when Tommy Tuberville was asked if he was leaving Ole Mi$$ for Auburn this was his quote: "The only way I'm leaving Ole Miss is in a pine box" 36 hrs later he is at the podium at Auburn.

Not saying its going to happen, and I do think that Saban would never get another NFL job and lose all credibility, but its not out of the ordinary for a coach to lie.

I agree. Coaches and players lie all the time. One day they say they are retireing (Seau) the next day they sign to play with another team. Coaches say "I'm not going anywhere or I am done with coaching, then the next thing you know - they are coaching again, like The Tuna, who stated on TV that there was no way he would ever coach again, 2 days later he signs with the Cowboys. It happens all the time. So, Saban may stay or he may go, only he knows for sure, time will tell.

Saban would completely DESTROY any and all of the reputation he ever had if he leaves to Bama now.. Not only would he be considered a failure in the NFL, he would look like a liar and a hypocrite.. For these reasons alone, I cannot see him going...

If he does, he better damn well hope he becomes the next Bear Bryant in Alabama, because he will NEVER get another job in the NFL ever again...

What makes you think he would want another NFL job? I think it is pretty obvious by now that he prefers the college game. He can make the same money in college, work less, and have a bigger impact on a kids life.

To the people saying itwould destroy Saban's NFL career:

WHO CARES!!! If this is his "dream job" and Alabama is guaranteeing 10 yrs salary at $57 million...do you think Saban cares abou the NFL?????? Stop fooling yourself into excuses, people. Ever think Saban doesn't like the NFL?? It's highly likely. So if true, he couldn't care less about his future chances.

Then, throw in Saban is like, 54 or 55 yrs old, and 10 years puts him at 64-65 at the very least if the NFL shuns him. On top of that, he is EASILY set for life on $57 million, even after taxes.

IMO, Saban is going to Alabama.

To the people saying itwould destroy Saban's NFL career:

WHO CARES!!! If this is his "dream job" and Alabama is guaranteeing 10 yrs salary at $57 million...do you think Saban cares abou the NFL?????? Stop fooling yourself into excuses, people. Ever think Saban doesn't like the NFL?? It's highly likely. So if true, he couldn't care less about his future chances.

Then, throw in Saban is like, 54 or 55 yrs old, and 10 years puts him at 64-65 at the very least if the NFL shuns him. On top of that, he is EASILY set for life on $57 million, even after taxes.

IMO, Saban is going to Alabama.

I hate to destroy everyone's notion about a 57MM contract but here is what was reported (today)

During those talks, university representatives did not make a firm contractual offer, but did discuss parameters of a deal -- approximately $4 million annually. There also was talk of a signing bonus in the $7 million range.

Alabama's offer is expected to be much more than the $15 million Saban is owed for the three years remaining on his contract. The difference could amount to a guarantee in the $40 million range against Miami's $15 million.

Saban would completely DESTROY any and all of the reputation he ever had if he leaves to Bama now.. Not only would he be considered a failure in the NFL, he would look like a liar and a hypocrite.. For these reasons alone, I cannot see him going...

If he does, he better damn well hope he becomes the next Bear Bryant in Alabama, because he will NEVER get another job in the NFL ever again...
My goodness, you sound like you caught him bed with another team! Relax! Watch the Maury Povich show: "You are not the Father". He hasn't set the world on fire here. He's 15-16. You wanna talk betrayal? How 'bout when Csonka, Kiick & Warfield left the Dolphins fresh off 2 Super Bowl wins in the prime of their careers to join the WFL because Robbie wouldn't give them a pay raise. That's betrayal! If Saban leaves... he leaves.

Its a sad state of affairs when some fans will not take categorical statements at face value.

It seems we are awash with conspiracy theorists.

The media used to held accountable for promulgating false rumors.Today all we get is the media regurgitating the same false rumors with no accountability.When this story finally goes away after Saban refuses the offer....again the press will be reporting that they were right but that Saban changed his mind at the last minute or some other baseless rationalized reason.

PFT type of speculation has become the norm in the legitimate press today.

Good Morning,bro.

Exactly. The internet has spawned a legion of wannabes who will throw anything against the wall to see if it sticks, no matter how baseless. If it does stick by some chance, hey they get a little name recognition in their otherwise useless lives. If not, just another forgotten reach by some nobody with a computer.

Somebody really needs to come up with a website that holds all these "journalists" accountable for the their various prognostications.

I put myself in his shoes, and I'm gone....

The Phinz are in the toilet, and need a major overhaul within the next few seasons. If Saban stays, he has tons of work ahead of him, and I'm not sure, after experiencing what will be his fist ever losing season, he still has the confidence needed to turn it around.....

At Alabama he'll have a much easier road, and he should be able to build a winner at the college level much quicker too. He's also got great ties within the SEC Confernece, which is exactly what Saban is accumstomed to.....

I hope he stays, but considering our current state, I could never blame him for leaving us. Let's face it, we're one of the worst / and oldest team's in the NFL these days, and that's not an optimal situation for any coach, let alone for an inexperienced one like Saban. We've play good at times over the last two years, but I see no champion here{team as is}....

If Saban doesn't want to build a winner in Miami, and decides to head back to the college rankings, we'll find someone who will....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Back
Top Bottom