Saban Speculation Thread Part 1 (merged 9,999x) | Page 65 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban Speculation Thread Part 1 (merged 9,999x)

Will Saban take the offer from Alabama??

• Yes, the pressures of the NFL/ lure of a huge contract is too much to pass up

Votes: 136 49.8%
  • No. Saban will honor his contract with Miami and see this through one way or the other

Votes: 137 50.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Exactly...it would still be a lie :wink:
Exactly, so my point is why would any of you be surprised if Nick Saban lied to us? What's so hard to beleive that Saban would do this to us, when people do this all the time? Coaches have lied before to their bosses, employees have lied before to their bosses.

:lol: lol What?
Just a bit of a joke, You know how these coaches can twist words.
Say you have a doctors appointment, and a job interview in the same day. If you tell your boss, that you need off work to go to the doctor, are you lyin' about the interview? Or telling the truth?

After further consideration....I don't blame Saban in his desicion....

I was one of those Phin fans that truly believed Saban would be staying....but now I am beggining to feel like he may be leaving...

I always thought it came down to honor or greed for Saban. If he chooses Bama, he would be greedy for going after the money. If he chose to stay, he would be honoring his contract even if it meant losing out on a pay raise. But is it fair to say that?

After further consideration, I really don't blame Saban in any decision he makes. This is his career we are talking about. He has a 15-17 record with the Dolphins. If he fails to make the playoffs next year, I don't think anyone would argue that Saban would be in the hot seat.

If Bama would have waited one more year to offer this contract, I'm sure it would've made Saban's decision alot easier. But because Bama offered the contract this year, I believe Saban has been put in a pressured situation. He has pressure in the sense that if he stays, he will have to make the playoffs. If he leaves, he may be shutting the door on his NFL career.

If Saban takes this job, I will lose a lot of respect for him.

Not for basically lying...for being an idiot!

my girlfriend lives in Culpeper, and i told her i love her so much cuz the place she lives in has the same name as the QB of my favorite football team of all-time......

and she slapped me.

i dont get girls these days..

You know, I'm leaning more that way myself.

On one hand, there is his word and bond...(The contract),
and on the other hand, you have a potential situation
where he may gain a position that will garuntee him and
his family security for life, and, a better quality of life for himself.

I know about contracts, and, word of honor, etc, but, I have
to say that if my familiy's well being was at stake, I'd make the move
that would be best for them, and, everyone can take thier opinion
of my "honor" and ram it up thier butts.

I think the biggest thing, ironicly, that was pointed out by PFT is that
he may well be fired if Miami has another non-playoff season.

Then where will he be?

Look at it-Many people on this board are calling for his head after two
seasons. What will happen if we don't make the playoffs again?

I'm more and more leaning towards him leaving, I guess, and, I can't
say I blame him from walking away from a fanbase that is calling
for his head after two years.

I guess I'm ok either way at this point. I just want it over.

I would only be mad because he lied. For example, say your a manager of Kmart and Walmart offered you double the salary to come and work for Walmart, who wouldn't take it?? Yes its a little different, but not totally. I don't care if he leaves, but i won't respect him less, only be dissappointed that he lied about it

I
If Bama would have waited one more year to offer this contract, I'm sure it would've made Saban's decision alot easier. But because Bama offered the contract this year, I believe Saban has been put in a pressured situation. He has pressure in the sense that if he stays, he will have to make the playoffs. If he leaves, he may be shutting the door on his NFL career.

Yep.

If it was next year, I think he would've been out of here like
greased lighting.

I would only be mad because he lied. For example, say your a manager of Kmart and Walmart offered you double the salary to come and work for Walmart, who wouldn't take it?? Yes its a little different, but not totally. I don't care if he leaves, but i won't respect him less, only be dissappointed that he lied about it
I completely agree with you man!

Don't care if he wants to better his finances and life in his views. But his shady handling of this is the problem.

You know, I'm leaning more that way myself.

On one hand, there is his word and bond...(The contract),
and on the other hand, you have a potential situation
where he may gain a position that will garuntee him and
his family security for life, and, a better quality of life for himself.

I know about contracts, and, word of honor, etc, but, I have
to say that if my familiy's well being was at stake, I'd make the move
that would be best for them, and, everyone can take thier opinion
of my "honor" and ram it up thier butts.

I think the biggest thing, ironicly, that was pointed out by PFT is that
he may well be fired if Miami has another non-playoff season.

Then where will he be?

Look at it-Many people on this board are calling for his head after two
seasons. What will happen if we don't make the playoffs again?

I'm more and more leaning towards him leaving, I guess, and, I can't
say I blame him from walking away from a fanbase that is calling
for his head after two years.

I guess I'm ok either way at this point. I just want it over.

That's exactly what i'm talking about. I mean, don't get me wrong, I will be truly upset and angry if he leaves, but I can't blame him. I don't want him to leave, but if he does, I will understand why. And like you said, I just want this thing over with.

Yep.

If it was next year, I think he would've been out of here like
greased lighting.

Well, not necessarily, what about if he made it to the AFC championship? I'm sure Huizenga would re-structure his contract.

After I read this morning that he's met with Alabama I'm not so sure anymore. Why would he meet with them if he didn't want the job?

Courtesy to a major college program. Who knows what the future will hold amd that is IF he met them because unless I saw a photo of him sitting there with the Alabama officials or a name attached to whoever said he saw them meet.

Back
Top Bottom