Saban Speculation Thread Part 1 (merged 9,999x) | Page 67 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban Speculation Thread Part 1 (merged 9,999x)

Will Saban take the offer from Alabama??

• Yes, the pressures of the NFL/ lure of a huge contract is too much to pass up

Votes: 136 49.8%
  • No. Saban will honor his contract with Miami and see this through one way or the other

Votes: 137 50.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Maybe it was just stuff he had wanted to do when as soon as the season was over, sounds to me.

white keeps you cooler, I mean I guess it would be nice to see Orange on special occasions and Aqua more often, but I like the white on white.

Okay...you guys know me...I have been around...

I am just going to pass this on.

First of all..on 790 they just had someone call in to say that Saban cancelled his golf membership at a local club yesterday. That's ominous enough...BUT.

I got another one.

Well....Saban as of last night dropped his bid on this piece of land around Weston that he was looking at buying.....YESTERDAY. here is the kicker, the company that holds the land was closed yesterday, and Saban still saw fit to leave messages (Some assistant left the messages) on their machine at around 10:00 PM.

Saban will have to pay 15k to drop this bid.

having said all this...I STILL BELIEVE THAT HE IS STAYING.

I think he's gone and these revelations just add fuel to the fire. This soap opera has gone on long enough. Sometimes you have to say good riddance to bad rubbish and move on

I guess I should've put that in the initial post. I understand why we wear white on white the first few months of the season. I've lived in Florida most of my life (in Clearwater, which is north of Miami but still hot nonetheless) I get the heat aspect. But by mid-October, it cools enough to be comfortable in something besides the all-white uniforms. I also liked the aqua pants for road games occasionally. It's a nice break from all white at home, and the aqua jerseys and orange jerseys would be nice at least once a year. I'm not saying scrap the all-white.

Come on now, you don't think Alabama would be after Saban so much, if Saban said (to them) that he wans't interested. I'm sorry but, I have to believe that Saban isn't sayin' everything in public here. I think he was been telling Alabama (through his agent) that he was/is interested the 'Bama Job. Don't blame 'Bama, they are just tryin' to get a coach.

We have been hearing this curious phrase not usually associated with the hiring of a football coach. THEY WILL NOT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER. That sounds like somebody who has recieved a NO and regardless are coming down to try to convince Saban in person. Them coming down to Miami gives no further weight that they have had an affirmative response from Saban other than he would meet with them if they made the effort to see me, as I have said, out of courtesy.
I have no beef with Saban if he wants to flirt with Alabama and enjoys being 'wooed', who doesn't!
He will sit there in front of them and repeat NO!

I think he's gone and these revelations just add fuel to the fire. This soap opera has gone on long enough. Sometimes you have to say good riddance to bad rubbish and move on

This is like the "Twilight Zone" :jt0323: :www: Nick have fun in Bama. Now on to more exciting stuff, like who will be our new Moses leading the Phins to the Promised Land...............:dolphins: Loyalty must be key. I don't want an out for himself premeditated Lier either. Bring back Shula with Danny to run the offense. Or someone that will feel honored to hold the reins of this wonderful historical Franchise. Not someone that will jump ship when the next best cruise (in thier opinion) sails by.

Just read this article:

Jan. 2, 2007, 11:27AM
Alabama ups offer for Dolphins' Saban

By STEVEN WINE AP Sports Writer
© 2007 The Associated Press
MIAMI — Alabama is making Nick Saban's decision more difficult. Quickly rebuffed in previous attempts to hire the Miami Dolphins' coach, the Crimson Tide upped the ante on Tuesday, offering a deal that reportedly would make Saban the highest-paid coach in college football.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/college/4439005.html

The latest from Mobile Press. Take it for what it's worth

[FONT=arial,sans-serif] Saban was scheduled to drive to the Dolphins headquarters by 7:30 a.m. Eastern Time this morning, but had not gone into the offices by 11:30 a.m., choosing instead to remain at home and contemplate his decision with family members.

Link
[/FONT]

If Saban Leaves...

Who do we go after to be our next head coach and how long does he get to turn the team around before he is ran out of town as well??

Norm Chow I think would be good but they have already reported that arizona has contacted the titans to speak with him for their vacancy. Who else is there that can make an immediate impact?

That's exactly what i'm talking about. I mean, don't get me wrong, I will be truly upset and angry if he leaves, but I can't blame him. I don't want him to leave, but if he does, I will understand why. And like you said, I just want this thing over with.

why be angry and upset...it raises your blood pressure.

be content, hopeful, relieved that it is over.

this will not necessarily be a bad thing for miami...wayne should be careful selecting the next head coach.

- no dual GM/HC role
- no college coach...top NFL assistant, or departed HC (Mariucci is intriguing)
- insist that mularkey be fired
- insist in injecting youth in the team (if we need to g thrugh the rebuilding process/pain, lets do it with players that will be around 2-3 years from now)
- insist in drafting a potential franchise QB, even if it means moving up in the draft and giving up some future choices
- 3 year window to "vastly improve" the team...even if we don't make the SB in that time frame...but, need viable signs of significant improvement

Chris Mortenson said on The Herd earlier today that Saban talked on the phone with Mal Moore instead of meeting face to face. Mort went on to speculate that this may be so he could continue to say he hadnt "met" with anyone from Alabama, even maybe for legal reasons.

:fire:
What a shady cat

Back
Top Bottom