Saban Speculation Thread Part 1 (merged 9,999x) | Page 70 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban Speculation Thread Part 1 (merged 9,999x)

Will Saban take the offer from Alabama??

• Yes, the pressures of the NFL/ lure of a huge contract is too much to pass up

Votes: 136 49.8%
  • No. Saban will honor his contract with Miami and see this through one way or the other

Votes: 137 50.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have to believe this whole mess is two fold. First on the part of Alabama who are pursuing Saban like no other coach has been pursued before and in fact THEY should be severly reprimanded for their actions even after Saban said he would not be the head coach, we have been hearing they will not take no for answer. That is flat out molesting!
Secondly maybe from pressure from his agent they have discovered Saban's new found value and tried to squeeze some dollars out of WH (that's an agents job) which hasn't worked, apparently, because unless the words come out of WH's mouth personally they don't exist for me. Like a lot of other things being said by third parties etc.

Unlike Canada, and probably Spain, we have a little something in this coun try called "free speech". Alabama officials have the right to talk to whomever they want, whenever they want. At the college level, they often communicate with the present employer, but not necessarily.

You obviously don't know much about the history of American college football or you would realize that what Bama is doing is nothing different from what other schools and coaches do every year...Tuberville, Franchione, heck...even Saban himself has done it. New coaches are routinely hired while they still have years remaining on their current contracts.

By the way...I guess "molesting" means something a little different north of the border.

You know what the entire Saban controversy reminds me of?

It's like when you see a poker player on TV with a monster hand ( like 4 of a kind, or whatever). You get to see the act of him pretending to ponder the situation and worry for a bit. All he's really thinking about is how to get more money out of his opponent.

Precisely what Nick is doing to Alabama here.

Unlike Canada, and probably Spain, we have a little something in this coun try called "free speech". Alabama officials have the right to talk to whomever they want, whenever they want. At the college level, they often communicate with the present employer, but not necessarily.

You obviously don't know much about the history of American college football or you would realize that what Bama is doing is nothing different from what other schools and coaches do every year...Tuberville, Franchione, heck...even Saban himself has done it. New coaches are routinely hired while they still have years remaining on their current contracts.

By the way...I guess "molesting" means something a little different north of the border.

Being educated about a country before you talk **** about it is a good thing.

Saban has a 16 year old daughter, maybe 17 by now. At that age it's brutal to ask her to move away from her friends and whatever. That's a factor. I've had a 16 year old daughter. It's a delicate age and what young girl wants to move away from the fun and action of S. Florida to Alabama. She'll go- kicking and screaming. But if he offers her a corvette.......who knows. If he leaves it will be because of his very tough 2 years here under the huge media glare and it doesn't help when he gets booed off the field at home. And then there's all that money. Hard to turn down.

It's been said a few times, if he thinks the media in Miami is harsh, wait until he loses to Auburn, those 'Bama writers will tear him to shreds.

That was a dumb comment

If Saban leaves then he's a lying coward and I will regret ever admiring him for his work ethic or competitive spirit. Everything he's ever said about the players' needing competitive spirit will have been a farse and a sham.

Nothing he ever says to anyone from that day forth should ever be considered to automatically be the truth. If I were head coaches in the SEC competing against him I would pound that point to recruits until the cows come home. Saban would be nothing but a money-hungry liar, and if any recruits ever commit to Alabama they should expect that every year there is talk about Saban leaving the team for some other greener pasture...and it just might happen too.

I will have zero respect for him when/if he accepts the Alabama offer.

I regret all the support I showed Saban.

A lot of us are regretting it right now.

But we can't look in the past, we must look forward. I hope we look for a Top Flight Offensive Coordinator to take over this team.

Back
Top Bottom