Saban Speculation Thread Part 1 (merged 9,999x) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban Speculation Thread Part 1 (merged 9,999x)

Will Saban take the offer from Alabama??

• Yes, the pressures of the NFL/ lure of a huge contract is too much to pass up

Votes: 136 49.8%
  • No. Saban will honor his contract with Miami and see this through one way or the other

Votes: 137 50.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Saban would completely DESTROY any and all of the reputation he ever had if he leaves to Bama now.. Not only would he be considered a failure in the NFL, he would look like a liar and a hypocrite.. For these reasons alone, I cannot see him going...

If he does, he better damn well hope he becomes the next Bear Bryant in Alabama, because he will NEVER get another job in the NFL ever again...

Saban would completely DESTROY any and all of the reputation he ever had if he leaves to Bama now.. Not only would he be considered a failure in the NFL, he would look like a liar and a hypocrite.. For these reasons alone, I cannot see him going...

If he does, he better damn well hope he becomes the next Bear Bryant in Alabama, because he will NEVER get another job in the NFL ever again...
Couldn't agree more. Well put.

I'll 2nd your notion.

ESPN.com insider chat with Jeremy Green. This is a complete copy and paste. :

Mike (San Diego): JG, what are the odds on Saban taking the 'Bama job?

Jeremy Green: I am hearing very strong that he is going from two people on his staff in Miami. I don't think Alabama has interviewd anyone for 2-weeks. He has told people it is his dream job and they would make him the highest paid coach in college football. If it is truly his dream job, I don't see how he could pass that up.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=14106

I think he will stay, but who the hell knows, I want this to be over with.
....another speculation!

How credible is ESPN insider? I don't have it so I can't compare what comes true and what doesnt.

He's not leaving. You can't take a guy like Huizenga who is all about loyalty, and expect even the coldest snake to both bite and crap the hand that fed him and gave him an opportunity in the NFL... if Saban is lying to the media, us fans, the players, and everyone else that he isn't leaving, then I will drive the 2,500 miles to Alabama myself, and squarely kick him in the nutsack as if Reggie Roby had punted a ball to Mars.
Quite simply, I can't believe. I would be beyond flabbergasted, and shocked beyond all recognition. I truly believe this is media-perpetuated myth. If he leaves, the fans disdain would be 100 times that of which we ever felt toward Wanny... I don't think Nick wants all those death threats at his new job in 'Bama! (not from me of course) :D

Jeremy greens info

anyone thinks this is credible?

This isnt a run of the mill local journalist trying to make a name for himself. Heres his info:

Jeremy Green is director of pro scouting for Scouts Inc. He has been an NFL scout for 11 years, including two as director of pro personnel for the Cleveland Browns. He is the son of Arizona Cardinals head coach Dennis Green.

He is the son of Arizona Cardinals head coach Dennis Green.

HE IS WHO I THOUGHT HE WAS!! And we LET HIM OFF THE HOOK!

(I dont care how credible he is, Saban would be committing career suicide to pull a move like this now.. He would never, ever be able to sell a book about leadership again, thats for sure.. If he screwed up at Alabama, he would have to go back to coaching 1AA teams..

This isnt a run of the mill local journalist trying to make a name for himself. Heres his info:

Jeremy Green is director of pro scouting for Scouts Inc. He has been an NFL scout for 11 years, including two as director of pro personnel for the Cleveland Browns. He is the son of Arizona Cardinals head coach Dennis Green.

I guess we'll find out the truth in a few wks.

It's troubling that Alabama is holding out for Saban. Why can't they find a coach already...

What more does Saban have to do? I heard his exact quote on the radio:

"I will not be the next coach of Alabama" "What mored do I more do I have to say?" "I have no interest in going anywhere".

I think this is all BS. Where does all of this information come from?

...and your point is?

I agree....he would be kissing his NFL career goodbye.....the NFl would shut their doors on Saban....all owners would lose trust if he ever attempted to come back.

Back
Top Bottom