Saban Speculation Thread Part 1 (merged 9,999x) | Page 69 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban Speculation Thread Part 1 (merged 9,999x)

Will Saban take the offer from Alabama??

• Yes, the pressures of the NFL/ lure of a huge contract is too much to pass up

Votes: 136 49.8%
  • No. Saban will honor his contract with Miami and see this through one way or the other

Votes: 137 50.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
first of all, i would like a direct quote that Wayne said ANYTHING about that
Re: Wayne saying no restructure or no "No Fire Clause"... Glazer at CBS reported that Wayne gave a stern "no" in regards to any restructure or clause. Miami Herald on the other hand said Dolphins officials were up late into the night trying to rework a new deal. I wish I could post links, but there are 8 million new posts and it'd be too tough to find again... many different conflicting media reports, and I don't think a single one is reliable or beyond speculation or questionable sources.

LIES LIES LIES...YOU ARE JUST FLAT OUT LYING AT THIS POINT.

Saban never met face to face with anybody from UA.

Do you ahve any statements from Saban saying he is interested??? Because the only thing that I can say is pure fact is that Saban said "I will not coach alabama"

anything else is 100% propaganda

You don't actually believe what you just wrote, do you?
Saban and Alabama athletic director Mal Moore met Monday night in Miami.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2716394
Please, if Saban didn't have interest in the job, this whole 'three ring circus' wouldn't be going on right now.

*edit*
The link in the first post of this page, also says that Saban met with 'Bama officals. Like I said, they would not be after him like this, unless he was interested! Please tell me how, meeting with 'Bama, is telling them no? I'll tell you, it's not! He's interested. I'm not sayin' he will leave but, He is definatly interested.

Word from KFFL:

Dolphins | Saban receives formal offer from Alabama
Tue, 2 Jan 2007 10:29:06 -0800
<A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/166">Alex Marvez and Harvey Fialkov, of the Sun-Sentinel, report the University of Alabama is awaiting a response from Miami Dolphins head coach Nick Saban regarding the school's head coaching vacancy after both sides reportedly met Monday, Jan. 1. Saban is reported to have received a contract offer in the neighborhood of $30 million for eight years. Alabama Athletic Director Mal Moore agreed to almost every stipulation Saban demanded, including a large budget to hire assistant coaches. Saban is expected to make a decision Tuesday, Jan. 2.

how can u call him shady based upon unsubstantiated speculation?!

why don't u call saban a man for respectfully declining the offer over the phone?

seems like this campaign to tarnish Saban's character is finally showing that it has no validity whatsoever!

:yeahthat:

Even Mortenson is backpedalling with the phone call meeting which would shoot down half of the Saban-bashers argument....

Look at this whole thing from Saban's perspective. He let an MVP candidate QB get away and will never live it down, he now has NO viable QB for next season, his OC is an idiot, his DC could end up being courted for a head coaching position, Jason Taylor has mentioned the dreaded "R" word, his credibility has been tarnished just by talking to 'Bama, and 'Bama is going to gaurantee him AND HIS FAMILY more $$$$ and security than he could ever dream of.

He is going to go.

If he leaves i hope he takes the garbage players he picked because they have added to nothing. No Qb and no running game please he will not be missed.

As a human being I respect that anyone has the right to do what they think is best for themselves.

As a fan of the Miami Dolphins though it's natural to feel the need to tell Saban to GFY. We made an investment in him based on him telling us his desire was to be the coach of the Miami Dolphins. We believed his dream was to be an NFL coach and he'd be commited to being a good NFL coach and the organization would benefit from it. He failed the Dolphins organization in that aspect if he leaves just 2 years into the process.

The organization wasted 2 years on this guy and the organization/it's fans have a right to be upset about that just as much as he has a right to take off.

If I saw him walking down the street would I feel the urge verbally bash him or wish ill on him?
Absolutely not.

I would however consider him one of the villians of Dolphins history.

Sorry but this view is way off base.
First off there isn't widespread "fan angst" towards Saban as of yet. You've got some of course but he's hardly been "pressed" yet.

Secondly, If he can't handle the minor amount of doubt he's getting here he sure as hell should'nt be going to Alabama where life IS Crimson Tide football. Good luck on handling that pressure Nicky!

Agreed completely here.
It's time for us to move on and lick yet another wound.

Oh, I agree that I would have a bad opinion of him based on
his so-called commitment to the team. No question he'd be
a "bad guy".

As far as "fan angst", I think there is plenty.....Agree to disagree, I guess.

I don't think 'Bama is a good fit for him, honestly, but, if he gets that
monster contract, they'll be on the hook for a LOT of money to him
should they can him.

As previously stated, I just want it over.

Re: Wayne saying no restructure or no "No Fire Clause"... Glazer at CBS reported that Wayne gave a stern "no" in regards to any restructure or clause. Miami Herald on the other hand said Dolphins officials were up late into the night trying to rework a new deal. I wish I could post links, but there are 8 million new posts and it'd be too tough to find again... many different conflicting media reports, and I don't think a single one is reliable or beyond speculation or questionable sources.

Good for Wayne.

I would not restructure a dang thing.

This is like last off-season with Brees and Culpepper and all of these reports are not the same and new and different stories keep coming out as the days go on.

If Saban was a Dolphin....and he had no thoughts of leaving the Dolphins...then why even entertain a visit from the Alabama crew? Either your a Dolphin....or your crap....well Saban....what are you?

Personally...I've never trusted you....you screwed LSU....and jumped ship every where you've been before....so go....who needs you.

Saban never spends any more then 4-5 years at a coaching job and is usually switching jobs like some one people change their shoes, he is an unreliable HC.

Saban has a 16 year old daughter, maybe 17 by now. At that age it's brutal to ask her to move away from her friends and whatever. That's a factor. I've had a 16 year old daughter. It's a delicate age and what young girl wants to move away from the fun and action of S. Florida to Alabama. She'll go- kicking and screaming. But if he offers her a corvette.......who knows. If he leaves it will be because of his very tough 2 years here under the huge media glare and it doesn't help when he gets booed off the field at home. And then there's all that money. Hard to turn down.

Back
Top Bottom