Saban to meet with Alabama trustees | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban to meet with Alabama trustees

Miami Dolphins coach Nick Saban said Thursday he declined to meet with Alabama officials about their coaching vacancy, while media reports had West Virginia coach Rich Rodriguez being offered the job.
"I'm flattered that they may have been interested in me, but it never really progressed, because we just never let it progress," Saban said after practice in Davie, Fla.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2690016

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Miami Dolphins coach Nick Saban said Thursday he declined to meet with Alabama officials about their coaching vacancy, while media reports had West Virginia coach Rich Rodriguez being offered the job.
"I'm flattered that they may have been interested in me, but it never really progressed, because we just never let it progress," Saban said after practice in Davie, Fla.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2690016

So much for Herbstreit's earlier report! :rolleyes2
ESPN hung him out to dry on that one.

I can't believe ESPN jumped on these stupid rumors some idiot Bama booster probably dreamt up in the forrest while smoking Mary Jane in his deer hunt tree stand at 5 AM.

Local media is one thing but for ESPN to jump on all this without any supporting evidence is ridiculous.

Trekbiz said:
So much for Herbstreit's earlier report! :rolleyes2
ESPN hung him out to dry on that one.

I can't believe ESPN jumped on these stupid rumors some idiot Bama booster probably dreamt up in the forrest while smoking Mary Jane in his deer hunt tree stand at 5 AM.

Local media is one thing but for ESPN to jump on all this without any supporting evidence is ridiculous.
Well, I'm sure Alabama inquired about the possibilities of Nick leaving. It's not like he's had an amazing nfl experience to date and he has the reputation of leaving a program at his convenience (not the team's). Wayne seems to have shut that down for his Miami tenure, though.

But yeah, the two sides never met and no deal was reached....so I guess the only people "owned," as one poster put it, would be the gullible.

Kev83 said:
Well, I'm sure Alabama inquired about the possibilities of Nick leaving. It's not like he's had an amazing nfl experience to date and he has the reputation of leaving a program at his convenience (not the team's). Wayne seems to have shut that down for his Miami tenure, though.

But yeah, the two sides never met and no deal was reached....so I guess the only people "owned," as one poster put it, would be the gullible.

Like MikeO?

Back
Top Bottom