saban too conservative? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

saban too conservative?

I agree with you on that. Gus threw it up there and went for broke a lot. But I think harrington is capable of that if they emphasized it a little more. I mean they are so bent on him "Not making a mistake" They even say it in his helmet when he's on the field. But guess what...when the short stuff aint working and "managing the game" is getting it done. It's time to go for broke, grow some balls and do it. And I think they need to let Joey do that. Detroit hurt him bad. In a way, he just as injured as Daunte...just in a different sense. Still though, they need to do it in practice an do it in the game. Comes down to coaching and play calling

DonShula84 said:
Id play scared on offense also when I had an ineffective running game, a streaky QB who is mistake prone, a group of WRs who are afraid of the ball and online that is shaky at best

Then you're just as bad as Dave Wannstedt and, today, Nick Saban. What the hell is the worst that can happen to a football team when the worst is ALREADY happenning? "Oh no! We might throw another interception and lose 28-0!" I'm quickly falling out of love with Nick Saban. Bash me all you want. I'm sick and tired of head coaches that lack a pair of balls.

IluvJuMiami said:
Then you're just as bad as Dave Wannstedt and, today, Nick Saban. What the hell is the worst that can happen to a football team when the worst is ALREADY happenning? "Oh no! We might throw another interception and lose 28-0!" I'm quickly falling out of love with Nick Saban. Bash me all you want. I'm sick and tired of head coaches that lack a pair of balls.

If only Saban were as good a coach as you are :lol: It's easy to say just throw deep but you need the players to pull it off. I agree with you we need to open things up more, I think more goes into it than just calling Chambers number deep though.

IluvJuMiami said:

Key word there being Balls. However, I think Mike is the one that lacks the balls. Saban might have at least one testicle. We shall see. This was his first real legit season he screwed up. He's got one more, and then I get my Torches and Pitchforks

Raging Bull said:
Key word there being Balls. However, I think Mike is the one that lacks the balls. Saban might have at least one testicle. We shall see. This was his first real legit season he screwed up. He's got one more, and then I get my Torches and Pitchforks

I understand Saban needs another year maybe even two, but patience is not my strong suite. I'm already up in arms. Saban doesn NOT have a clue on how to MANAGE a football game. He has not shown any improvement in his time already served. I now realize why the guy strives to hire the best assistant coaches he can get his hands on because the man is lost on the sidelines. I really liked the guy, I still do(probably just venting more than anything) but he needs to show radical improvement next year.

Raging Bull said:
Saban should call the plays.

he is calling the plays...and picking the players...and choosing the coaches...and tossin the salad...and buyin the groceries...and MAKIN' A MESS outta this team!(imo)...question: how many top tier teams have their head coaches making player personnel decisions?...now, this offseason, when Randy Meuller leaves to become GM in Motown and turns that sorry franchise around; let's hope that whomever owns this team will know better than to turn over the 'housekeys' to the coaching staff instead of the Head of the Household...(ajmo)

Raging Bull said:
Mike Malurkey is the problem. Saban has balls and apparently Mike has none. Gus is about the same caliber as Joey and IDC what anyone says about our O Line, they provide enough time to air out some passes if only they'd tell Joey " Hey, throw the ball down field to Chambers."

Saban should call the plays.

exactly.

Throw the ball down field to Chambers.... For What? So he can drop it.....

Raging Bull said:
He's got one more, and then I get my Torches and Pitchforks

That is the remedy... :rolleyes:

Don't get lost in the Head Coach/GM shuffle. If it were not for a horrible NFC you would only see head coaches with 5 or more years under their belts in the playoffs.

AFC
Billick/Newsome
Bellichek/Pioli
Shottenheimer/Smith
Dungy/Polian

This ain't their first rodeo........

I think we are all missing the big picture here. The Miami coahing staff is not dumb and believe it or not I think they all know a lot more about football than we do. I think we saw today and in the Jags game why the coaching staff did indeed rush Daunte Culpepper back into the lineup knowing he wasn't 100% healthy. They knew him getting comfortable with the offense while getting to 100% was our only chance at winning. I'm sure I'm going to get bashed for this but remember there were many threads and rumors that during camp Lemon was beating out Harrington at one point. Whether they were right or wrong I think our staff saw it 2 ways.

1. Play to win with Daunte Culpepper.

2. Play not to lose with Joey Harrington.

We need a QB we can play to win with. Culpepper may or may not be that guy (probably not from what we've seen) but Harrington is definetly not. In both the Jags and Buffalo game today there came a pojnt in the game where I said, well here is Joey Harrington chance to really show me something. If he had overcome adveristy in either of those games, I'd be posting about him being the QB of the future.

SR 7 said:
yes i did but that was all b/c of LINEHAN. mularky is a saban guy and a close friend. tahts the point. our offense last year was close to being explosive. this year, we just aren't doing JUNK. thing is, GUs was horrible with the deep ball but we still threw it, even if joey is horrible as he is, why arne't we throwing it?

I have to disagree with you. Gus, albeit, inconsistent with all of his throws, had a great deep ball. One thing I noticed was that Gus has a rocket for a right arm. I miss that.

Raging Bull said:
I agree with you on that. Gus threw it up there and went for broke a lot. But I think harrington is capable of that if they emphasized it a little more. I mean they are so bent on him "Not making a mistake" They even say it in his helmet when he's on the field. But guess what...when the short stuff aint working and "managing the game" is getting it done. It's time to go for broke, grow some balls and do it. And I think they need to let Joey do that. Detroit hurt him bad. In a way, he just as injured as Daunte...just in a different sense. Still though, they need to do it in practice an do it in the game. Comes down to coaching and play calling

IMO, Harrington's deep ball is poop. He is more inaccurate with it than with Gus. Gus is not the greatest QB, but damn if he didn't have a fantastic deep ball....

Harrington's afriad to throw the deep ball IMO because of the staff always in his ear saying " Don't mess up!" Well, I think Harrington will start the last two games. We shall see. IF he starts against Jets and ruins Christmas for me, than I am done with him.

Raging Bull said:
Harrington's afriad to throw the deep ball IMO because of the staff always in his ear saying " Don't mess up!" Well, I think Harrington will start the last two games. We shall see. IF he starts against Jets and ruins Christmas for me, than I am done with him.

:sidelol: You might want to go ahead and open your gifts tonight!

Back
Top Bottom