Saban versus Wannstedt? One word: Leadership | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban versus Wannstedt? One word: Leadership

Da 'Fins

FinHeaven VIP
Club Member
Reaction score
Does anyone honestly think that Wannstedt, nice guy that he is, could ever hold a candle to Saban in terms of just plain LEADERSHIP?

It's uncanny how much better a leader he is. What a great communicator!

Very true

the one knock on Saban is he was a college coach but the way that i look at it is:
Saban is a leader who happened to coach college ball

I watched his press conference tonight... He was in control all the time, this was his home, his team and he was in charge. No one could ever doubt about that. Wanny wanted to please people....

There's one other quality that needs to be added to the mix and that is direction, which is something we've lacked for 5 years.

Wanny worked his game plan regardless of the talent he had. Saban will, as did Shula, play the team he has and play to the team's strength. No more rigid pay calling. No more calls that consisted of run, run, panic pass, punt as was the case last year, despite not having a OL that could run block.

It is as if the curtains have been thrown open...the roaches have scurried away or exterminated and fresh air has been let into this once-proud home that is the Miami Dolphins.

Goin` Deep said:
I gotta admit, I like what I`ve seen and read so far....hope the love affair continues once we get into December.

There is no december meltdown for our phins anymore...this is a new miami dolphins team, if we HAPPEN to lose a couple games in december it has NOTHING to do with the mindset of our players. Saban wont allow that bull**** to affect anyone in this organization.

Celtkin said:
There's one other quality that needs to be added to the mix and that is direction, which is something we've lacked for 5 years.

Wanny worked his game plan regardless of the talent he had. Saban will, as did Shula, play the team he has and play to the team's strength. No more rigid pay calling. No more calls that consisted of run, run, panic pass, punt as was the case last year, despite not having a OL that could run block.

It is as if the curtains have been thrown open...the roaches have scurried away or exterminated and fresh air has been let into this once-proud home that is the Miami Dolphins.

This is an excellent point. He is organized and has a real plan. I never saw that DW had a bonafide plan or long term direction - except, perhaps, to run the team into the ground! ;)

Wanny was a very nice guy, but he wanted to make everyone happy. Saban wants to be a winner and will probably do that at all costs. I could care less about the media and fan access to players, practices, mini camps and such. I want to win and if we get better and win on Sunday, that is all that counts.

Not only leadership, but intelligence as well. Wannstedt always struck me as a moron!! That reaction he'd have on his face when the Dolphins would screw up, said it all!! :roflmao: :roflmao:

I love how Wrongstedt described Eddie Moore as a special teams STUD. I think he is the 1st coach to draft a special teams player that is not a kicker or punter in the 2nd round

alopez34 said:
I love how Wrongstedt described Eddie Moore as a special teams STUD. I think he is the 1st coach to draft a special teams player that is not a kicker or punter in the 2nd round

and really never did anything on ST that struck me as being STUD-like.

Back
Top Bottom