Saban wants Spears | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban wants Spears

enigmatics

Go get me a juice box!
Reaction score
It's just my opinion, but I really see Saban making a push for Spears if we trade out. He's the versatile Richard Seymore type we're lacking and Saban knows the kid better than anyone.

enigmatics said:
It's just my opinion, but I really see Saban making a push for Spears if we trade out. He's the versatile Richard Seymore type we're lacking and Saban knows the kid better than anyone.

Let me guess because he played for him? :shakeno:

We're not taking Spears at 5 or 7 over a RB, unless we know Ricky is coming back.

wouldn't be a a shocker. I could see Saban taking Spears if we trade with the Vikings and get both their 1st round picks and use the later one (if Spears is still available) on him.

Jaj said:

We're not taking Spears at 5 or 7 over a RB, unless we know Ricky is coming back.

Exactly!

Jaj said:
Yeah. If Saban knows he's coachable and has mucho potential, why not? Look at the Patriot's DL--multiple bodies. Part of JJ's success was his drafting players from the Hurricanes that he recruited and knew would fit his scheme.

Jaj said:

I really do think some of you have selective vision. Bro, obviously he'd never go at #7, but in all likelihood we'd get #7 and #18 for the #2......... so we'd use the #18 slot.........it's not rocket science.

LostInPatsLand said:
Yeah. If Saban knows he's coachable and has mucho potential, why not? Look at the Patriot's DL--multiple bodies. Part of JJ's success was his drafting players from the Hurricanes that he recruited and knew would fit his scheme.

Thats what the problem was the last couple of years too much defensive drafting and not enough offensive drafting. Then you have to look at how many times Jimmy and Wanny traded down or traded picks . And when they did draft offensively they were late round stupid picks that never panned out.

Spears is a very good player. If a trade is made for the 7th and 18th I don't think he'd be a good selection because Carter was signed. I think Khalif Barnes is a better selection at 18 than Spears for the Phins. Saban has final say but the offense was pathetic last season and another WR has to be considered with the 18 if a trade is made.

Why would we go and sign two prime veteran defensive ends and with our sole needs being QB and RB go and draft a DE?

enigmatics said:
I really do think some of you have selective vision. Bro, obviously he'd never go at #7, but in all likelihood we'd get #7 and #18 for the #2......... so we'd use the #18 slot.........it's not rocket science.

Oh God at 18 I'd jump for the moon :D

Hysterikill Spears could be the future Kevin Carter and he can play DT as well.

Jaj said:
Oh God at 18 I'd jump for the moon :D

Hysterikill Spears could be the future Kevin Carter and he can play DT as well.
Too many prospects, too few picks...

HysterikiLL said:
Why would we go and sign two prime veteran defensive ends and with our sole needs being QB and RB go and draft a DE?

Holliday's not even close to being a guarentee........plus he's only signed to a 1 year deal. We need youth there, pure and simple.

enigmatics said:
Holliday's not even close to being a guarentee........plus he's only signed to a 1 year deal. We need youth there, pure and simple.

Yeah but wouldn't a young 3-4 LB be a better pick under your scenario such as Merriman?

i only see spears if we get a second, first rounder...possibly the vikings second first...and thats assuming hes even available...the first round has a lot of tweeners...lots of olb/de/dt...it will be interesting...

Back
Top Bottom