Saban you need to get Rivers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban you need to get Rivers

kingfin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Give San Degio our #2 for Rivers.They want Edwards so it,s a fair deal.Rivers will be ready to start since he sat behind D.Brees.If we take Alex Smith it will take longer for him to get NFL ready.See if San Degio can give us thier 2nd round pick.I will do that in a second.Rivers got a strong arm,Great instincts on the field,and can make all throws on the field.Its even better he sat a year in the NFL.If Rivers has entered the draft this year.He will easy go #1 to San Fran..Saben Get Rivers....

Thats a horrible trade if we just give up our #2 for Rivers. I would only do the trade if something like this happens:

We get-Rivers, #12 and 2nd rounder

They get-Surtain,#2 and a next year 4th rounder

PhinDude88 said:
Thats a horrible trade if we just give up our #2 for Rivers. I would only do the trade if something like this happens:

i agree that would be a bad trade

PhinDude88 said:

You are kidding me right.Rivers was a 4th pick last year..He is better then Alex Smith.So you think San Degio is going to give us Rivers and a #12 for B.Edwards.:roflmao: You are out of your mind.

kingfin said:
Give San Degio our #2 for Rivers.They want Edwards so it,s a fair deal.Rivers will be ready to start since he sat behind D.Brees.If we take Alex Smith it will take longer for him to get NFL ready.See if San Degio can give us thier 2nd round pick.I will do that in a second.Rivers got a strong arm,Great instincts on the field,and can make all throws on the field.Its even better he sat a year in the NFL.If Rivers has entered the draft this year.He will easy go #1 to San Fran..Saben Get Rivers....

I think we're going to need more than just Rivers and a second. I'd have to consider taking one of their firsts if we were going to do this trade.

kingfin said:
You are kidding me right.Rivers was a 4th pick last year..He is better then Alex Smith.So you think San Degio is going to give us Rivers and a #12 for B.Edwards.You are out of your mind.

It's 10x better and more plausible than the trade you proposed so maybe you should stop laughing at yourself.

kingfin said:
You are kidding me right.Rivers was a 4th pick last year..He is better then Alex Smith.So you think San Degio is going to give us Rivers and a #12 for B.Edwards.:roflmao: You are out of your mind.

:shakeno:

If you would of read, i added Surtain apart to the trade.

A few monthes ago, I would have jumped out of my chair of I heard Rivers was going to be traded here.

But now that Ive watched Alex Smith- I would rather have Smith. Rivers has an awesome arm, but he has just about as much mobility as Marino or Bledsoe. I really think that Linehan wants a QB that can move around and do a lot of play action passing. Smith brings more to the offense than Rivers does.

I dont think that we could get Rivers and their #12. Probably their #28 and a second rounder.

CAn they even afford to trade him with the cap implications it would have?

kingfin said:

wrong. Had it not been for the fact that the Giants really wanted Eli, Rivers would not have gone until Pittsburgh or Buffalo picked at the earliest. The ONLY reason Rivers was even picked top 5 was so the G-Men could trade for Eli.

PhinDude88 said:

I agree....that combination is the only fair way.

Pick up a ruuning back in the 2'nd (if we trade for one) or 3'rd round. If we can get a quarterback that can put up HALF of marino's numbers we are WAY ahead of the game. Both Smith and Rivers look good. I have been a Rivers Fan for a while now and everybody knows if Brees had not picked up his game, we wouldn't be having this discussion. He would be their starting QB

Back
Top Bottom