Saban's Offseason Update | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban's Offseason Update

Am I dreaming??

C. Chambers, M. Booker, D. Boston, R-Mac, R. Brown, R. Williams, D. Lee, Gilmore, Thompson..Wow, can we please get the season started now please...

Ricky would make a great insurance policy for Ronnie. By the point in the season that Ronnie would be most likely injured, Ricky would be back to top form...

AlanSaysYo said:
Ricky would make a great insurance policy for Ronnie. By the point in the season that Ronnie would be most likely injured, Ricky would be back to top form...
an insurance policy?? No way. Ricky is a star and Ronnie will be a star. Can you immagine BOTH guys in the backfeild at the same time. This would limit Ricky's attempts (which is one of the reasons he bolted vs wanny) and allow Ronnie to learn the pro game without having it all on his shoulders. Wow this could be awesome. Plus with these guys in the backfield, there will be 8 and 9 man fronts, just letting Chamber, Booker, Mcmike, and Boston go nuts. Wow, if we get some execution, this offense could be scarry good.

Timmy54 said:
an insurance policy?? No way. Ricky is a star and Ronnie will be a star.

Correction. Ricky WAS a star. Who's to say he'll ever be the same runner he once was?

byroan said:
Correction. Ricky WAS a star. Who's to say he'll ever be the same runner he once was?

Its only a year, Mike Williams was away from the game for that long and no one is questioning him, really. As far as we know, he could have been in India training recently. I'm sure he can gain 20 pounds almost as easily as he lost it, and he won't have to do nearly as much.

byroan said:
I agree. We can't forget that our main RB who is the future is NOT Ricky, but Ronnie. Ricky would give us luxery of a RB combo(the ultimate RB by commettie). Even if Ricky does return to his old form, he may only have 2-3 years left in him. There is no reason to stunt Ronnie's growth just because Ricky is coming back. It will however, help for an easier transition from college to the NFL.

CanadianPhinFan said:
Its only a year, Mike Williams was away from the game for that long and no one is questioning him, really. As far as we know, he could have been in India training recently. I'm sure he can gain 20 pounds almost as easily as he lost it, and he won't have to do nearly as much.

But we don't know that he was training. We know Mike Williams was training. You can't compare the two.

CanadianPhinFan said:
:yeahthat: :yes:

byroan said:
But we don't know that he was training. We know Mike Williams was training. You can't compare the two.

Well if he REALLY does want to come back badly, then I'm sure he would use his common sense and be training over there, while also laying low from the media.

CanadianPhinFan said:
Well if he REALLY does want to come back badly, then I'm sure he would use his common sense and be training over there, while also laying low from the media.

I'm not sure Ricky has any common sense.

CanadianPhinFan said:
Oh come on. I would have been fed up too in an offense like that and being forced to pound the ball on every down.

He wasn't forced. He's the one who said he wanted more carries and that he wanted to stay in on 3rd downs.

Back
Top Bottom