Sacks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sacks

Dolfan2788

Melubulongtime
Reaction score
I was just wondering how many sacks you guys think JT is going to get this season and how many do you think some other sack leaders are going to get and so on.

I think JT will get 16 sacks because we will have Bowens and Chester back this year plus we added Vonnie and Kevin Carter.

Here's my list:

1) Terrell Suggs: 17 sacks
2) Jason Taylor: 16
3) Dwight Freeney: 15 1/2
4) KGB: 13
5) Michael Strahan: 12 1/2

1. Simeon Rice 18
2. Taylor 16
3. Freeney 14.5
4. John Abraham 13.5
5. Strahan 11.5

I think 16 is a bit much considering how much JT gets double teamed...I will say 13.

Roman529 said:
I think 16 is a bit much considering how much JT gets double teamed...I will say 13.
Im factoring what I indicate in my mock (whether ppl disagree or not) that he will have legit help at the opposite end

We already have legit help in the form of Kevin Carter. Who is a big upgrade at the LDE spot compared to David Bowens.

Dolfan2788 said:
We already have legit help in the form of Kevin Carter. Who is a big upgrade at the LDE spot compared to David Bowens.
Except that Carter played DT last year! In addition you have to consider the upfield rush he can bring from DT in passing situations, It would make our DL potentially devastating. Plus D Bowens moving back to OLB from what ive read which is where he played in college.

I think alot of this depends on whether we are in a 3-4 or a 4-3.....I know JT doesn't want to have to drop back and be a "4th linebacker." But overall we should get more sacks if Timbo can stay healthy.

Bertrand Berry - 18
John Abraham - 17.5
Dwight Freeney - 15
Jason Taylor - 14
Patrick Kerney - 14

I'm likely way off but that's an off-the-top estimate of the top 5.

Roman529 said:
I think alot of this depends on whether we are in a 3-4 or a 4-3.....I know JT doesn't want to have to drop back and be a "4th linebacker." But overall we should get more sacks if Timbo can stay healthy.

We aren't moving to the 3-4, Saban has said that. He said that we would offer different fronts, nothing really new, Taylor has lined up in a standing up position before so that's nothing new.

I hope Bowens can stay healthy, although there was a thread on this board about a week ago that he is still having problems with his back :(

Peppers- 16

Freeney-15/2

Taylor-15

I will go out on a limb and say that Peppers gets the most sacks this year!!:cooldude:

GRYPHONK said:
Peppers- 16

Freeney-15/2

Taylor-15

I will go out on a limb and say that Peppers gets the most sacks this year!!:cooldude:

I guess it depends on if he stops the steroids

Peppers-16
Kearse-14
Taylor-13.5
Freeney-12.5
Abraham-12

Back
Top Bottom