“sacrificing Stats For Wins” | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

“sacrificing Stats For Wins”

royalshank

Not a Game-Changer
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
In all seriousness, I don’t know what this means. Anyone “get it” or have any insight into what Gase meant?

I’m still scratching my head.

By calling bubble screens....bubble screens give a QB low y/a and give WR's low y/c but bubble screens win you games.
Bubble screens to Parker though?

That's as bad as having Gesicki 1 v 1 with the opponent's best pass rusher.

Playing tbe scoreboard
I would only play this way if I had a sound defense...

When it worked, Gase was good. When it didn't, he looked out of his depth.

I became used to the latter.

But like how? Being conservative / afraid to turn the ball over / playing FP?

Situational. The way he called the game and handled clock management or o line exposure etc was always scoreboard based.

We won a lot of tight games because he always had his pulse on the scoreboard and let it dictate the way he did things.

I did like that about him even if I thought at times he didn’t press the accelerator enough.

It was a diversion from the truth. Our team was getting hammered up and down the field both offensively and defensively. How else could he explain his failures? If it not for the turnovers and some timely gadget plays our record would have clearly reflected the statistics.

I was a big Gase supporter. However, I think his offense was one only Peyton could grasp. This may be the reason why he complained about having to dumb down his offense for his players in Miami. I've always wondered if Gase fell into the category of not a good head coach but a good offensive coordinator. This may be the case.

Back
Top Bottom